Toribash
Originally Posted by raaage View Post
Also no on actually wants to commit genocide so stop being so damned paranoid.

uhhh
Hitler did
There are lots of arab terrorists who would gladly commit genocide
Plenty of countries have commited what could be considered genocide, and they didn't do it by accident.

1)people track these materials

They can't track everything. and that's in first-world countries.
How do you suppose they track a deal made most probably underground, in a hostile area through a middle-eastern black market that chances are they have 0 way of penetrating with any means because i wouldn't be surprised if that kind of market is exclusive to people like mujs or people who have proven their commitement to their country.
2)they're expensive

Originally Posted by ele
State-sponsored terrorism.

yeah, what ele said
3)I seriously doubt that even black market people or w/e would be willing to sell these materials to a group of extremist noobs.

AQ or the Taliban aren't a group of teenagers running around with paintball guns. You're talking about selling materials to a group of hardened trained people who have researched this shit, aren't going to fuck around and mean to use it to blow someone up and to blow them up fast and well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
uhhh
Hitler did
There are lots of arab terrorists who would gladly commit genocide
Plenty of countries have commited what could be considered genocide, and they didn't do it by accident.

Give me a valid example other than Hitler pls?

what ele said

So explain why their government is trying to stop them?

They can't track everything. and that's in first-world countries.
How do you suppose they track a deal made most probably underground, in a hostile area through a middle-eastern black market that chances are they have 0 way of penetrating with any means because i wouldn't be surprised if that kind of market is exclusive to people like mujs or people who have proven their commitement to their country.

But they can track nuclear shit, there aren't too many places that mine and sell uranium and whatnot, and you can bet your ass that they have alot of regulations and people watching them. Don't be stupid.

AQ or the Taliban aren't a group of teenagers running around with paintball guns. You're talking about selling materials to a group of hardened trained people who have researched this shit, aren't going to fuck around and mean to use it to blow someone up and to blow them up fast and well.

Yes?
And I said that no one would want to sell them these materials?
And to my knowledge no one has, so far.
?
Give me a valid example other than Hitler pls?

Stalin, Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, the Turks (killed Armenians and Kurds), the British (in some of their colonies), the Belgians (in the Congo), the Japanese (in China), the US (among others, against American "Indians") the list goes on and on.

Here you fucking go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocides_in_history
Last edited by ynvaser; Dec 17, 2014 at 01:32 PM.
If people are willing to give terrorists and gangs around the world military grade weapons (RPGs and suchlike), it isn't too far fetched that they might be able to acquire components for nuclear weapons, remember that a lot of countries now use nuclear power stations.

I am not saying that terrorists getting nuclear weapons isn't unlikely, just that it is in no way impossible or inconceivable.

I do not think that it is quite likely enough that we should all start work on bomb shelter basements and invest in hazmat radiation suits just yet.
Last edited by Zelda; Dec 17, 2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Added stuff
Good morning sweet princess
So explain why their government is trying to stop them?

Their government isn't trying to stop them. Their government is helping them be terrorists.

But they can track nuclear shit, there aren't too many places that mine and sell uranium and whatnot, and you can bet your ass that they have alot of regulations and people watching them. Don't be stupid.

Right. America has regulations on radioactive materials in Afghanistan?
Or they've got some people with binoculars sitting on a cliff? Some Geiger counters in their pockets? A satellite hovering overhead capable of detecting radioactive decay?
Yeah, very difficult to mine considering the middle-east seems to be able to do it just fine before. As for being able to track it. They can put it in a lead box and it's pretty much invisible.

Yes?
And I said that no one would want to sell them these materials?
And to my knowledge no one has, so far.
?

this
Originally Posted by protonitron
If people are willing to give terrorists and gangs around the world military grade weapons (RPGs and suchlike), it isn't too far fetched that they might be able to acquire components for nuclear weapons, remember that a lot of countries now use nuclear power stations.

Lets also not forget that some terrorist groups are again, state-sponsored meaning they wouldn't even have to buy them. The country would just give it to them for free if they really wanted to get some.

Just because no one has sold it to them, doesn't mean they even actually want to get it atm.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
Stalin, Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, the Turks (killed Armenians and Kurds), the British (in some of their colonies), the Belgians (in the Congo), the Japanese (in China), the US (among others, against American "Indians") the list goes on and on.

Here you fucking go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocides_in_history

Yea, thanks, I actually haven't researched this and was interested.

Originally Posted by Dscigs;7771524Right. America has regulations on radioactive materials in Afghanistan?
Or they've got some people with binoculars sitting on a cliff? Some Geiger counters in their pockets? A satellite hovering overhead capable of detecting radioactive decay?
Yeah, very difficult to mine considering the middle-east seems to be able to do it just fine before. As for being able to track it. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_shielding"
They can put it in a lead box and it's pretty much invisible.[/URL]

I didn't say anything about america, there are international organizations that deal with this crap and it's pretty hard to hide a uranium mine, unless that wanna just go ahead and put the entire country in a lead box.
?
?
?
it's pretty hard to hide a uranium mine, unless that wanna just go ahead and put the entire country in a lead box.

I think you're missing the point that you can just put uranium into a lead box and give it to someone else. You don't have to own a uranium mine to possess uranium.

You also have to realise that there are places in this world which are impossible to track and enforce nuclear non-proliferation. The UN recognizes they can't do anything about this (and it's laughable to think the UN would do anything, anyway).

The idea of nuclear non-proliferation is bunk. It's bunk because (aside from just propagating the founding countries' nuclear hegemony) it's completely unenforcable. There's also, within the NPT, the gigantic loophole which promotes the inalienable right of all countries to pursue nuclear energy. There's very little to stop anyone from using fissile materials from nuclear reactors in creating weapons.
Last edited by Ele; Dec 18, 2014 at 03:53 AM.
As Ele hinted at, a country with a uranium mine can just put 10% of its uranium in lead boxes and sell them to Saudi Arabia who can donate it to terrorist groups. This probably doesn't happen but it just shows how easy it is to distribute uranium unnoticed.
Good morning sweet princess
I seem to recall that weapons-grade fissive material is harder to produce than it is to produce fuel for a nuclear reactor.
http://www.ccnr.org/plute.html
If you pay one guy per nuclear reactor to watch out for plutonium "harvest", you can pretty much keep an eye on the whole thing.
"The disadvantage of reactor-grade plutonium is not so much in the effectiveness of the nuclear weapons that can be made from it as in the increased complexity in designing, fabricating, and handling them."
^So "cheap" fissive material requires expertise and constant maintenance to make weapons from. Weapons-grade fissive material is hard to produce, therefore easier to keep track of.
Last edited by ynvaser; Dec 18, 2014 at 03:40 PM.
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
I seem to recall that weapons-grade fissive material is harder to produce than it is to produce fuel for a nuclear reactor.
http://www.ccnr.org/plute.html
If you pay one guy per nuclear reactor to watch out for plutonium "harvest", you can pretty much keep an eye on the whole thing.
"The disadvantage of reactor-grade plutonium is not so much in the effectiveness of the nuclear weapons that can be made from it as in the increased complexity in designing, fabricating, and handling them."
^So "cheap" fissive material requires expertise and constant maintenance to make weapons from. Weapons-grade fissive material is hard to produce, therefore easier to keep track of.

No doubt the country that sells radioactive material to a terrorist group or state isn't going to put it through a reactor first. Considering how open the internet is, it is not that difficult to find information for getting the highest percentage yield of high-quality plutonium or they could just use the uranium.
Naturally they'd need someone who knows what they're doing, but chances are if they're state-sponsored, they'll have someone working for them. It's not like they'd need a super-powerful one either. A bomb the size of Little Boy would be enough to get their message across.

And again, it's not like any organization will be able to track it if it's taking place in an underground mine in Saudi Arabia. Or if they lock it in a nice big lead safe.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|