Ranking
Original Post
Toribash-related racism
so, this might be put in Hall of Shame, but I was thinking:
Items suggest white=Pure, and black=void.
I mean, doesn't there ring a bell that there is racism in this?
Just for the record, I'm not saying the names should be changed, just that it sounds racist.
I agree, white is called pure? Is that suggesting pure is a superior colour whilst other colours are unpure?

Why's a a dark brown colour called "Demon", this sounds like it's implying the colour "brown" is related to demons?

And then there's "Void", basically translating that black is voided and doesn't deserve to be a colour.
To put it in a different perspective, if you had to pick on toribash colour to be called pure which one would you choose so the name fits with the colour? Also void means basically an empty space so that means it's the darkest of the colour since there is no light source. I'm pretty sure these names weren't picked to offend anyone, you just choose to look at it like that.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
It's not racist. The reason white is called pure is because it's 'pure' of every colours. It literally takes no colour to make white.
As skylar said it's called void because it's the blackest colour you can get like the void.

You see that black circle in the middle, it's what a void looks like

Demon is grey, not brown.

So either you guys are colour blind or you're trying to pick out racism where there is none.
Last edited by RedPanda; Jan 3, 2015 at 04:01 PM.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
There is no racism here. A void is something empty. It's dark, there's no light- it's black. A void has no evil/bad intentions.

Pure is an absence off colour (even though technically white is a combination of every colour.). Pure is a blank slate, untouched by other colours. Again, there's nothing wrong with this.
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
It's not racist. The reason white is called pure is because it's 'pure' of every colours. It literally takes no colour to make white.
As skylar said it's called void because it's the blackest colour you can get like the void.

You see that black circle in the middle, it's what a void looks like

Demon is grey, not brown.

So either you guys are colour blind or you're trying to pick out racism where there is none.

White is a combination of every single colour. That is why white light turns into a spectrum when refracted through a prism. The reason white is pure is because marks show up on it. I hate to sound like a housewife but stains on black fabric don't show up very much (for obvious reasons) while a white cloth will show the slightest stain or imperfection. So therefore the white needs to be pure for it to be so consistently completely white. It is the purest of whites because it is not tinted grey. Void is void because of the reasons mentioned by other people.

I am not suggesting the item was named pure by someone thinking about stains, just that subconsciously we notice impurities more on white because everything contrasts it.

At least that is my opinion. I feel like they could of named void (black) pure instead but void just sounds cooler, and since void and pure are the two most pure hues or lack thereof it makes sense that one of them was called pure because it is a cool sounding name. You couldn't really call any other colour void than complete darkness.
Good morning sweet princess
I just don't know what to say. If you want to make threads like this I suggest you a) don't or b) purchase toriprime and make them there
[CENTER]
lead Sigma