Toribash
Original Post
Alternative ways of control
I'd like to see another way to control joints, not because it'd be more comfortable to play with, but because it can often be a nightmare to click some of them. When the two players grab each other is not the worst, however. The worst is that the game doesn't seem to register collisions between different parts of our own body very well, and they overlap each other.

This is a nice example:

Err... don't even ask how that happened.

Another problem is that controlling the camera vertically could be easier. The only way to change the vertical angle as far as I know is to hold shift and use the arrows keys. It would be way nicer to control such angle by pressing the mouse wheel.

Anyways, the thing is that we need either to improve both collision and camera control, or give an alternate way to control the character. A small lateral representation of the character in a normal position that you can click would be a good option, for example. But please give us a way to control our characters efficiently.
Master the camera & use the mouse for it - it's the only time a mouse button really should be used. Once you get to grips with it there'll be no such thing as a joint you can't get to. Just plunge it right into the tori-mess. Remember holding shift will change the camera for mouse control too.
Combine with the current key controls & you'll be able to ninja around joints no matter where they are.

...Though 99% of the time if a joint's buried in a tangle changing it's state wont do anything, and if it does it'll just DM or frac.

If you're nice Mr snake might script that thingy for numpad controls, though since a lot are playing on laptops now (thus no numpad) I can't see it getting the amount of usage he predicts.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Err, most of laptops have numpads.. So it's should not be a problem...
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Err, most of laptops have numpads.. So it's should not be a problem...

I'm not counting ones that require the Fn key. The majority still use that for numpad stuff.

None the less don't let that stop you if you want to make it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you