Toribash
Original Post
New and Used Items and Solution to Toribash TC inflation
Dear Toribash development team, I hope you come across this and consider my suggestion. If someone wants to get straight to the point, please, scroll down to the "SUGGESTIONS" section.
ANALYSIS
I got acquainted to the market system and to the macro level of flow of TC within the game and noticed that on a macro level, the Main TC flows from within the tournaments and the small +10tc (+booster) earnings, which are then flowing around.
The non-game price for TC is around 10k per USD$1. For $100 one may get 1mill.
The Ingame official TC sale (which actually flows money into the game) is around 1k per USD$1 up to 2,5k per USD$1.
The result is that the users who are actually willing to buy TC with real money, end up spending the money on players who have gathered those crumbs of tournaments and small ingame earnings of many players into millions (through market transactions).
There are two reasons for this.
The first reason is the exchange rate, which is, on small scale, presenting a 10-fold difference, and on a grand-scale ($100) - a 4-fold difference.
The second reason is that people like buying items from the market as there is no difference between an item pre-owned by a billion users and one bought straight from the shop. I have been in game, active in markets for a month now and the shop seems like a museum, or a reference sheet or a shop window. There is no special Deserved enjoyment that a user might get from choosing to buy the item straight from the shop, thus, either beneficially hindering hyperinflation ingame (as, I bet, was planned by the game developers) or by spending more money and creating the need of purchasing more.

SUGGESTIONS

1) Acknowledge the inflation that occured in Toribash economy due to the constant tournament 500 and 750TC giveaways and ingame earnings and change the exchange rate to one, which competes with the market price (can be still worse than market price due to the moral and other non-monetary gains of buying straight from Toribash)

2) Secondly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, Implement the concept of NEW and USED items. An item that has not yet been equipped or "Activated" ever, has a branding (NEW) next to its name in the inventory and in the market (if it is for sale in the market). Thus, the person will feel a great difference between the item being called NEW and USED.
*The shop will have NEW branded next to the item’s name.
*The user will have NEW branded next to the item’s name if he is the first one to activate the item. And as long as the item stays in his inventory, it will be branded as NEW.
*If the item has been previously activated in someone’s inventory, it will show as USED in any other inventory.
RESULT
More money inflow to the game and Deflation at last! I can put my reputation on stake and to state that I guarantee that the revenues of the game will increase and there will be a substantial decrease in the toricredits flow in the game, resulting in Toricredits regaining their original value.

P.S. ALL THE USERS IN TORIBASH ARE GOING TO BE AGAINST THIS. THIS IS BENEFITIAL FOR THE DEVELOPERS AND THE MACROECONOMY OF TORIBASH. THE USERS CANNOT OVERSEE THEIR EGOISTIC BENEFIT AND SEE THE GREATER GOOD.
I don't see anything usefull in this, why would we want toricredits to be worth more?
The developers are earning enough, and if tc gets bought from Nabi the tc will be worth less again.
dreamy suicide act
the tb economy fluctuates fine as is. As far as I can tell, there really isn't any major inflation going on. And when it all comes down to it, this is just a game.

decent argument by the way. nice job putting that together.
Your pal,
crith
If people want to cure "Tori-Inflation" then buy from the shop instead of the market.
Removing TC > passing it around etc.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
If people want to cure "Tori-Inflation" then buy from the shop instead of the market.
Removing TC > passing it around etc.

That is the point. You motivate users to buy from the shop by this USED/ NEW thing.
Also this is about increasing the revenues of the game.
Users wont care less about an item being new or used, they just want the item.

The only fool proof way of completely curing it would be removing the market + market forum + ability to transfer. OFC that isn't going to happen.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
My thesis is that they will care.
Just like in MMO RPGs, players try to have Excellent Sword instead of Rusty sword, even if they have same attack.
It will be a matter of honor for the good players to have NEW items in their activated. And also the SHOP will be competing with the MARKET as when buying or selling the users will ask: is it NEW or USED, or type [s] New something, or Used something.
Would not really care as the Item graphics In-game would be the same.
㋡ My TB A$AP Homies ㋡
[PS4 - Xx_MeekMill_xX]
I think it's unnecessary to have new and used. It doesnt really matter if it's new or used since it appears the same in game. It doesn't even depreciate and it's still the same item.
As for excellent sword and rusty sword, they are two different items so players would really choose the one with better appearance that suites to their eyes.
~knight zero~
Originally Posted by KZero07 View Post
I think it's unnecessary to have new and used. It doesnt really matter if it's new or used since it appears the same in game. It doesn't even depreciate and it's still the same item.
As for excellent sword and rusty sword, they are two different items so players would really choose the one with better appearance that suites to their eyes.

Very interesting insight. In such a case there can be a limit to the owners of a specific item, after which the ingame color or the pattern might change. For instance, decreased contrast of the item, or some slight rust texture after, say, 5 owners.