ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Joint articulation control
Hello, I think it would be really cool if every joint could be controlled via a keyboard key, pressing it in conjunction with Ctrls, Alt, Maiusc or wathever to select its various status. I think it would make the control of the character easier in the long run.
Is there a reason for whom this simple feature does not exist at the moment?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Secondly, it would occupy a large portion of free keys, making it difficult to assign keys for future to-be implemented features. (Twenty keys, to be more specific)

You'd probably need at least 24, since there would have to be a way to control the specific state of each joint too. Thus, you'd end up typing alt and ctrl combinations like crazy.
I think hampa should focus on more promising ideas.
“War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.” - Winston Churchill
No one cares about how easy it is to do it, we get that it's easy.

It's pointless, the devs need to work on something more important instead of adding useless perks.

The mouse is doing fine for everyone, no one is complaining about it so why fix something that isn't broken.
Those "pointless" things that you guys keep talking about are more important than you think.
"Devs need to work on something more important" is not an argument. I'll start infracting if you keep it up.

About the suggestion, I personally agree with Hero - the game already uses lots of shortcut keys, giving a key for every joint would take up a lot more keys. This wouldn't be very good for possible future shortcuts unless they were something like Alt + Shift + Ctrl + x... Plus people might accidentally push them while doing other combinations.
There are 25 letters in the keyboard..

R is to replay a replay.
WASD is for camera.
P is for pause.

That's already 19 left and I haven't even mentioned all of them.

It'll be confusing if you involve other keys like tab or numbers.

MineCraft Aether!!!