Toribash
Original Post
2nd Place Tourney Prizes
I was wondering if the default tourneys can get 2nd place prizes. I mean sometimes it can be hard to get into the finals for those tourneys, but the finalists at least both deserve prizes.

500 TC tourneys : 2nd place 150 - 250 TC
750 TC Tourneys : 2nd place 350 - 450 TC
1000 TC Tourneys : 2nd Place 450 - 500 TC
(Those are just my estimations on what 2nd place should earn)
It's just extra work, and really, you should earn the tc by winning, not by coming second.
Haters get the bird, This is my movie, Fellas in the back like a foul-ball free-throw
I mean, shouldn't the 2nd place person deserve a prize? They worked their way up to the finals.
half is way too much, then there's no point in playing the last game at all.

whenever i host i generally do a 70/30 split, i think it's plenty fair, and its rewarding enough to the first place winner.

ie: 10k prize total, 7k/3k etc

[T]
#hi

If there is 5 players you only have to win once to get second place.isn't that bit too easy ? ; (
I lost a first to 5 duel in ABD 5-0 vs Fred now i have to use this shitty signature for a month
Those auto-tourneys occur so frequently that there's already an insane amount of tc being generated from that. Besides, tournaments start when there are 5 people in the queue (I don't think that should change), so sometimes the winner only plays 2 games and comes out with like 1000tc. With a second prize as you're suggesting, you could play 2 games, only win 1 of them and come out with 500tc. There are plenty of GM and community hosted tournaments that offer second place (and sometimes 3rd for hot seats and stuff) I don't think it's necessary to add this to the auto-tourney servers.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Originally Posted by deoxer View Post
If there is 5 players you only have to win once to get second place.isn't that bit too easy ? ; (

^This

Also, it will make people farm.
2nd place prize
Would it be possible to give a small amout of tc to a runner up in a tourney? like 10% of the actual prize

Threads Merged. -Cake
Last edited by list; Jul 5, 2014 at 09:33 AM.
Pretty pointless, as it makes it more fun in tourneys when it's winner takes all. There's been way too many threads about people earning more in-game tc imo, if you can't earn in-game try marketing or making art.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here