Ranking
Original Post
Were there changes to ground physics?
Back in 2013, whenever I made a replay, I never get dm'd because I landed on the ground

however, I always get dm'd when I land on the ground. It's on random places too. Sometimes I even get dm'd on the chest because I extended my knee too fast

has there been a change where dm physics apply to the ground? I get dm'd for touching the ground more than before I went inactive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
I belive there were no changes. In some mod your feets get dmd easily. And in some mod your feets won't get dmd easily. Depends on the dmhold.
GOD
Originally Posted by Fairfang View Post
I belive there were no changes. In some mod your feets get dmd easily. And in some mod your feets won't get dmd easily. Depends on the dmhold.

I'm playing classic and it seems to be happening more than ever.
I never lower the dmhold because it would just mean my replays have no value apart from it having a lower dmhold.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yes there seems to have been some sort of change
its a lot easier to break yourself with momentum now for some reason
oh yeah
That some reason is probably it should be easier to break yourself with more momentum.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by meow View Post
That some reason is probably it should be easier to break yourself with more momentum.

getting double cored by rotating at an above average speed doesnt seem reasonable to me
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
yes there seems to have been some sort of change
its a lot easier to break yourself with momentum now for some reason

Yes, I was thinking someone like you where you use a lot of speed in your replays would say something like that.
The change is bugging me quite a bit to be honest. I can't stop momentum with my arm without breaking a wrist or elbow. sometimes even both.

looking at my older replays, I use the floor quite a bit to gain momentum, and I don't recall having any problems.

nowadays, I also have to relax the part landing on the ground just to stop dming. this kinda stops my flow in some cases, otherwise it's irritating to replay the replay and edit just before the landing.

Originally Posted by meow View Post

Originally Posted by pusga View Post
getting double cored by rotating at an above average speed doesnt seem reasonable to me

i agree with this statement.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
it could've been you've just gotten better at making replays and you're hitting the ground with higher speeds eh
dreamy suicide act
The easy way to tell would be to make a replay where you believe the dms wouldn't be happening in an older version, then download some older versions and test the same moves in that version. Here's a thread with some older versions listed: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=209855
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
Originally Posted by Eleeleth View Post
The easy way to tell would be to make a replay where you believe the dms wouldn't be happening in an older version, then download some older versions and test the same moves in that version.

good idea

I just tested the replay attached in 2 versions, the current version, and the 4.2 beta 3. the dismemberment at 560 does not happen in 4.2, but it does in the current version. check for yourselves if you wish (go to frame 561 and press E, then space)

i have heard from multiple people that this is happening because bruises seem to last longer in the latest versions, and therefore make it easier to break joints if they have been bruised before. notice how in the replay i attached the chest join is bruised before the chest breaks from pure momentum
Attached Files
Frankly'd (1).rpl (320.6 KB, 13 views)
Last edited by pusga; Sep 10, 2015 at 05:42 PM.
oh yeah