Ranking
Original Post
Duck avvys?
Why the hell do a bunch of older players have ducks as their avatars. I always thought it was weird.

I'm always curious about history/the past.
"Do you explore the unknown or are you afraid of losing your throne?" I am Soon.
Uh yeah basically a while back (maybe 3 years? 4 years?) it was discovered that old cd-keys were being reused to get old-schooler status.

Anyone who was using a duplicate key got ducked unless they could prove they bought it (some were assumed afaik eg ishi, I doubt he provided proof). I believe they also got a user title changed to something like "notorious member" or "hated member" or something like that.

Some people kept it.

Some people still haven't returned and thus are unknowingly ducked forever.

IIRC that's about what happened, someone will have a link to the exact thread. I know I posted in it.
Originally Posted by wibblefox View Post
Uh yeah basically a while back (maybe 3 years? 4 years?) it was discovered that old cd-keys were being reused to get old-schooler status.

Anyone who was using a duplicate key got ducked unless they could prove they bought it (some were assumed afaik eg ishi, I doubt he provided proof). I believe they also got a user title changed to something like "notorious member" or "hated member" or something like that.

Some people kept it.

Some people still haven't returned and thus are unknowingly ducked forever.

IIRC that's about what happened, someone will have a link to the exact thread. I know I posted in it.

Incorrect, you're thinking about the avatar that I'm using. (For the record, I didn't have a fake key, I just wanted to use this avatar).

The mallard avatars were placed on members with avatars exceeding the new size limit. And yes, some people kept them.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by wibblefox View Post
Oh, in that case the title should be Lame member? or something?

The title the users received for using the fake key was Shameful Members
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020