Ranking
Original Post
Arizona law about illegal immigration.
Why is it okay for some people to ignore federal law? Why is the US not allowed to enforce its' immigration law but every other country in the world is? Why is it okay for some people to break the law and does that not invalidate every law?

Arizona's criminal laws in SB1070 are no less restrictive than that of the federal government. They do not conflict with the federal statutes. Does a state not have it's own right under the 10th Amendment to create criminal laws as long as they don't conflict with federal law or violate civil rights?

Does United States immigration laws represent foreign relations with other countries? After all, immigration policy is how we determine who can visit us from other countries. If it is foreign policy, should a state government engage in immigration law enforcement when foreign relations is a function reserved expressly for the federal government only?

Lets get discussion back on track here.
Hoss.
The law is fine, but you can't fucking say that in other countries police go in the streets asking for ids and greencards.

Plus the ones caught are pretty much tortured until they're sent back.

That's just not right.

Also: Almost no country has such a strong immigrant system as America, don't compare it to every other country or else you're just being an ignorant
Better than your mΩm
also, totally not trolling
Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
The law is fine, but you can't fucking say that in other countries police go in the streets asking for ids and greencards.

Plus the ones caught are pretty much tortured until they're sent back.

That's just not right.

Also: Almost no country has such a strong immigrant system as America, don't compare it to every other country or else you're just being an ignorant

Just for an example: Italy. They have no Albanians allowed signs on restaurants and whatnot. They check your ids if you even look like you could be Albanian.
Hoss.
Well all I say to this is.
Who gives a F**k.
I mean yeah they're here illegally, but at least they took the time and the risks to get here.

Serious now.
Okay well my view on this is that America is getting flooded with immigrants than other countries, so yeah we can enforce those rules.
Originally Posted by Ponzo View Post
Well all I say to this is.
Who gives a F**k.
I mean yeah they're here illegally, but at least they took the time and the risks to get here.

Serious now.
Okay well my view on this is that America is getting flooded with immigrants than other countries, so yeah we can enforce those rules.

Immigrants that fucking fix the economy and work for the country since about 50 million people (more, even) are immigrants in the US.
Better than your mΩm
also, totally not trolling
Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
Immigrants that fucking fix the economy and work for the country since about 50 million people (more, even) are immigrants in the US.

Oh sorry, I'm afraid we can't hire you because pablo and hernandez came riding over on their bikes and filled the last remaining staff positions for lesser pay.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Originally Posted by tertywerty View Post
Oh sorry, I'm afraid we can't hire you because pablo and hernandez came riding over on their bikes and filled the last remaining staff positions for lesser pay.

Maybe you should get some goddamn qualifications.

If pablo and hernandez can do the same job for cheaper, sounds like it is your own damn fault.

EDIT: About SB 1070, isn't it already illegal to not have identification on you at all times? How is this much of an extrapolation?
USA is fucked up and xenophobic, we get it, does this really deserver *another* anti-USA thread?
Last edited by Gorman; Dec 9, 2010 at 01:37 AM.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Maybe you should get some goddamn qualifications.

If pablo and hernandez can do the same job for cheaper, sounds like it is your own damn fault.

EDIT: About SB 1070, isn't it already illegal to not have identification on you at all times? How is this much of an extrapolation?
USA is fucked up and xenophobic, we get it, does this really deserver *another* anti-USA thread?

Its actually pro-usa. Did you even read the OP? The laws in Arizona aren't much stricter then they are in most other countries.
Hoss.
That law is so stupid, America is made out of immigrints. We all came from Europe or from an Native American culture. So pretty much this is racist too. Isn't America a FREE country?
Originally Posted by Nolanrules View Post
That law is so stupid, America is made out of immigrints. We all came from Europe or from an Native American culture. So pretty much this is racist too. Isn't America a FREE country?

We just say that to sound cool, nothing important is ever really free.
bring back wibbles