ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: Should they take away the new Clan Rule about multi-clans?
Yes
8 Votes / 14.81%
Yes, the rule is shit
25 Votes / 46.30%
No, keep the rule
21 Votes / 38.89%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Petition Against New Clan Rule (Feeder Clans)
I am gathering the votes of the rest of the community on the new rule update against feeder/secondary clans, since the Clan Council decided to implement it in the matter of less than 36 hours without the opinion of a single other member of the community who actually plays ingame and utilizes the clan features. Majority of Clan Staff don't even touch ingame anymore.

For those of you who havent seen the new rule: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=592763

For those of you who have no idea what is going on: http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=39

I have left this in the Staff complaint section as well, but since other users aren't allowed to post on the threads, I will leave it here. Feel free to read it and voice your opinion below, as well as voting on the poll above.

Original Complaint Post

Once again, this rule feels very unfair and very hasty on the behalf of the clan council, without the opinions from the rest of the community. There is no harm to the community with feeder clans. Please post your opinions below and vote above so we can get something done about this.

The voting is set to Private to have no persuation towards anyone's votes.

~ ~ ~
This thread has been closed because of the thread in S&I. The discussion is continuing there. ~Pouffy
Last edited by pouffy; Nov 19, 2017 at 09:42 PM.

This is all my opinion. I'd like to clarify.
In my honest opinion having a secondary clan is pointless in the first place. No clan is special enough to even have a child clan dedicated to bringing in new members.
Having a child clan is more work for the creators and would surely get tiring, since there's things like Discord where people can join together and talk about whatever they wish.
That would feel like a better alternative to having a child clan in the first place.
Originally Posted by Chiya View Post
This is all my opinion. I'd like to clarify.
In my honest opinion having a secondary clan is pointless in the first place. No clan is special enough to even have a child clan dedicated to bringing in new members.
Having a child clan is more work for the creators and would surely get tiring, since there's things like Discord where people can join together and talk about whatever they wish.
That would feel like a better alternative to having a child clan in the first place.

"Having a child clan is more work for the creators and would surely get tiring"

Alright, but shouldn't that be left up to the members of the clan to decide upon? If they want to dedicate their time to doing it, shouldn't they be allowed to put their time into something they want to do?

I agree that baby clans are useless, but I don't see any problems arising from them.

All of the cons that was pointed out in the rules were either false or applicable with or without child clans.

Since you can't be in two clans at once, there isn't an issue with farming etc. And anyway, if someone wanted to do that and make a child clan, no one would know.

Until you check their war history that is . . .

Fucks Given = 0
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
"Having a child clan is more work for the creators and would surely get tiring"

Alright, but shouldn't that be left up to the members of the clan to decide upon? If they want to dedicate their time to doing it, shouldn't they be allowed to put their time into something they want to do?

Fair point, (I don't want to be repetitive) but having a sub-clan is pointless, use Discord and get to know the people that want to join [Parrot] better there instead of making basically a "throwaway" clan.
Sure, some people might see them as useless, but others may not. But either way, there is no need to place a ban on them. If someone wants to do it, then let them. It isn't hurting anyone. It's no worse than having people make troll clans like Anal, Oral, etc.

To clarify, policy isn't made by public consensus.
Clan squad will happily read any valid points and arguments made, however rules are not subject to "poll".
Thanks
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
Clan squad will happily read any valid points and arguments made, however rules are not subject to "poll".
Thanks

Well seeing as only about 2/5 of the clan squad touches ingame, you being one of the ones who do, when a rule is made that deals with something like that, it seems like it is in the best interest of the community to gather opinions from the community. The ones who are going to be upset by the rule changes. Sure none of yall care. But what about everyone else.

This poll has nothing to do with yall changing the rule, but yet to see how everyone else feels about the matter of the new rule. If you would like to see the valid points and arguments made about the new rule, let me redirect you over to the staff complaint section, where you can read them. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...44#post9265344

Originally Posted by Erth View Post
Thanks

Its great to know you and your fellow clan mates can implement what ever the hell you like, by only discussing it amongst yourselves. You shouldnt have any right to be a part of the clan system if at the same time you distance yourselves from the 'community' as far as It should be clans and clan rules should have everything to do with wider community opinions, rather than a few crones in the same clan as each other, scared they wont succeed should something like parakeet go through

Actual joke of a staff group.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
Some of my personal thoughts, not anyhow related to CS decisions:

Is there any good reason to have a sidekick clan apart from trying to evade the clan system limitations? Well sure, you can recruit new players more recklessly - simply because they don't wear your clan's main tag and you can always appeal to the fact that it's just a feeder clan in case they turn out to be idiots. I remember 2010's Russian clans doing that, but back then there wasn't a proper clan system yet and it was mainly done by "bigger" clans like Hack.
However, recruiting members just for the sake of getting more people doesn't seem like a good idea to me, especially for a clan that's been around for years now. Can you still get more people without the feeder clan? Sure. Yes, you'll need to take a closer look at your applicants first, but there is nothing extraordinary about it. We've raised the member cap for all clans who are at least slightly active (getting past level 10 isn't that hard, see [AS]), so it's less of an issue than it could be few months ago before the clan system update.
Having feeder clans officially allowed also poses a threat to any other legitimate unofficial clan as players may just join a child clan of an already official one rather than risk their time and TC trying to become official on their own.

To me this whole situation looks like Parrot (being one of the oldest active clans with 50% staff or ex-staff members) thought they could do anything just because they are who they are, but it turned out they can't. You still had at least 10 free spots in your clan after the clan update, go play some wars if you need more. Like seriously, you only have 66 wars and the clan has been around since the clans system was introduced. All Stars had more wars this week than you had in the last 2 years, like are you being serious? There are 9 clans founded in 2017 who were more active than Parrot, what makes your clan more special than them? (Quick tip: winning a clan event does, but not in that sense)