ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
South Park creators threatened
By a radical Muslim group.

Before you all go "hurp durp, it's Odlov with another anti-religious thread" let me just say that I am well aware that most muslims can and do take criticism perfectly fine. However, that does little to remedy the fact that there are insecure radical prunes among them who can't so much as handle a joke. It's those people this thread is about - so try to avoid sweeping generalizations or risk infraction.

Here are 3 videos. First is brief outline of the situation, second is more in-depth, and third is a recent interview with Matt and Trey themselves.

My stance on the issue is pretty clear....I don't think ANYTHING in the universe should be above criticism and/or parody. These nutjobs justify their threats with "freedom of speech", when it's exactly freedom of speech they are trying to prevent. If anything happens to Matt and Trey, major shit will hit the fan. I just hope western media will stop taking it up the rear end to comply with people like these.
Last edited by Odlov; Apr 22, 2010 at 05:33 AM.
I say, fuck those extremists. Its no big deal, they have bigger things to worry about than that American comedy that makes fun of everything. They need to just go pray.
Thanks.
While I'm against religion in general, a religion that commands it's followers to terrorize others is extra wrong.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
While I'm against religion in general

I worship this man.

But yeah, some people just learn to take a joke, and before you go all "omg inb4hypocrite" I think alot of us need to, and i think in some cases south park should take it easy to, alot of their jokes DO go a bit over.
I honestly don't see what the big deal is, they make fun of everyone.

Get over it.

Btw i love southpark
Team America|7th Dan|
everyone makes fun of someone else sooner or later.
learn to take it.
south park is awesome. and it makes fun of pretty much everything.
<3
I noticed in the new episode tonight that they bleeped out Mohammed's name every time they said it. so I'm pretty sure it's a response to the threat, while still going through with the episode. Also, in the new episode, it turned out it was santa and not mohammed in the bear costume
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
Originally Posted by Larfen View Post
I noticed in the new episode tonight that they bleeped out Mohammed's name every time they said it. so I'm pretty sure it's a response to the threat, while still going through with the episode. Also, in the new episode, it turned out it was santa and not mohammed in the bear costume

I found this incredibly hilarious.
I'm just a little kid.
^If you're Muslim don't you have to terrorize us that aren't believe like the guy said or was he lying? Also lol southpark will joke everything, them guys shouldn't get their panties in a bunch...
Originally Posted by FreakyFred View Post
^If you're Muslim don't you have to terrorize us that aren't believe like the guy said or was he lying?

No. Murder is expressly prohibited by Islam and all other Abrahamic faiths.People like Bin Laden and other terroristic organizations follow a extreme form of Islam that believe that everyone who doesn't believe in Muhammad and following sharia law is evil and worthy of death.
Last edited by JoshGrimes; Apr 22, 2010 at 08:12 PM.