Ranking
Original Post
Wanna hear my MASTERPIECE?!
I composed this and am very proud of it! =P

Common Curtussy....nuff said

You've posted this to 3 places now which means you really want cnc. Maybe I'm getting baited by the word "MASTERPIECE", used ironically or not.

First of all if you are going to layer tracks, play to a metronome, or at least try to stay on tempo. There are massive amounts of mistakes in the playing and a lot of the times the solo guitar and the backing guitars chords clash with each other.

Id recommend getting a cheapish audio interface (focusrite scarlet, cheap m-audio usb interfaces, etc) and a mic (sm57, sennheiser e609, etc). Practice basic recording and mixing. Then practice the song you are going to record before actually trying to record it.

When playing solo guitar, try to use some vibrato on the longer notes so it doesn't sound so flat, and if you cant tune your guitar, it at least makes it a bit better. The composition is massively average and forgettable, try to make it interesting to the listener. Think to yourself, "why would anyone want to hear this?". Also try to structure it somehow, I literally have no idea what part was supposed to be the chorus (maybe the first riff?) or the bridge?

Sounds like you've been playing guitar for maybe for a year or few months now. so if you got fired, what ever you do, don't try to make music your new job.
Last edited by cowmeat; Oct 29, 2015 at 03:04 AM.
Shit fell apart quickly around 24 seconds
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
You've posted this to 3 places now which means you really want cnc. Maybe I'm getting baited by the word "MASTERPIECE", used ironically or not.

First of all if you are going to layer tracks, play to a metronome, or at least try to stay on tempo. There are massive amounts of mistakes in the playing and a lot of the times the solo guitar and the backing guitars chords clash with each other.

Id recommend getting a cheapish audio interface (focusrite scarlet, cheap m-audio usb interfaces, etc) and a mic (sm57, sennheiser e609, etc). Practice basic recording and mixing. Then practice the song you are going to record before actually trying to record it.

When playing solo guitar, try to use some vibrato on the longer notes so it doesn't sound so flat, and if you cant tune your guitar, it at least makes it a bit better. The composition is massively average and forgettable, try to make it interesting to the listener. Think to yourself, "why would anyone want to hear this?". Also try to structure it somehow, I literally have no idea what part was supposed to be the chorus (maybe the first riff?) or the bridge?

Sounds like you've been playing guitar for maybe for a year or few months now. so if you got fired, what ever you do, don't try to make music your new job.

Please show me your example I'd love to hear it =] maybe we could record something together? Or do you want to just keep hating? Either way show me what you got or your just another person spewing words they can't back up =] love you buddy hope you post your song

Common Curtussy....nuff said

cowmeat took his time to write you great constructive criticism and you're being an ass over it, I don't really see how he's "hating" on you or your work.
meow
Originally Posted by Curtussy View Post
Please show me your example I'd love to hear it =] maybe we could record something together? Or do you want to just keep hating? Either way show me what you got or your just another person spewing words they can't back up =] love you buddy hope you post your song

I actually am an audio engineer and record bands for a living. But hey, you know, with your talent, it's okay to dismiss people who have been doing this for a long time.
Last edited by cowmeat; Oct 29, 2015 at 10:05 PM.

Can I give criticism now?

Pretty much everything cow said is spot on. You need to work on making sure the melody is always distinguishable from whatever else you're playing, especially.

And try not to be an ass. One doesn't need to be an expert at guitar to judge another's playing. In general, when someone is nice enough to take a real look at what you're doing and try to offer ways to for you to improve yourself, you should always consider what they say.

Hey I wrote you a song. Its not very well, sung produced not played. what did you expect in 15 minutes and from home, but hey ITS ALL FOR YOU!

https://soundcloud.com/hindsightseeing/curtussy
Last edited by cowmeat; Oct 29, 2015 at 10:54 PM.