Toribash
Original Post
Breaking Grabs
Me and a few friends were talking and thought I would be really cool if you could break a grab. For example instead of getting a wrist dm when grabbing a leg the grab will break and your hand goes out of grab... But if you are in a wrist lock where your opponent is also holding your hand it can still dm your wrist. Yes I understand it's a game and it's not "real life" but if you think about it if I'm holding someone's arm or Leg and there is pressure my grip on his arm or leg will slip before my wrist breaks. However if my opponent is holding my wrist forcing pressure on it then my wrist will break bc I can't get out of it. I don't know how easy this can be done but we were thinking it could be done with a "grab threshold" similar to the frac and dm threshold.
[Unsupported.]
There's an easier way of doing this. Several. I'll list them.
1. DM wrist.
2. DM elbow.
3. Be good at the game
4. DM Arm.
5. DM pec.
6. Bifurcate.
7. Win.
8. Fracture wrist.
9. Fracture elbow.
10. Fracture arm.
11. Fracture pec.
12. Learn how to play the game.

Just because you're stuggling to win because people grab, doesn't mean the devs need to code it into the game.
Silver Elite Master. Fml.
Ele | Morals | JackMorris
Yes, supported.
You could have this as an OPTION in the settings of the Mod.
Grab break 0 or Grab break 1
We could get a whole new Mod - GrabKido
"Weird T-posed ragdolls tear each other to pieces in moon gravity"... Tonakai
Pretty sure this would make the game a lot more fun, things like a grab threshold would be pretty awesome.

Originally Posted by EJXIII View Post
[Unsupported.]
There's an easier way of doing this. Several. I'll list them.
1. DM wrist.
2. DM elbow.
3. Be good at the game
4. DM Arm.
5. DM pec.
6. Bifurcate.
7. Win.
8. Fracture wrist.
9. Fracture elbow.
10. Fracture arm.
11. Fracture pec.
12. Learn how to play the game.

Just because you're stuggling to win because people grab, doesn't mean the devs need to code it into the game.

Anything suggested you shouldn't automatically think it would be "mandatory" to every match. This would work like a dm or fracture threshold, you would be able to change the threshold itself OR turn it off or on. Having this be a feature in certain mods or an option in non-public servers would be a blast to play with. Making sure you don't have your opponent break your grab or trying to break the grab yourself is just a unique idea in general.

Saying no to fun ideas because you assume someones bad at the game is really silly and unnecessary.
Originally Posted by sushi View Post
Pretty sure this would make the game a lot more fun, things like a grab threshold would be pretty awesome.

Anything suggested you shouldn't automatically think it would be "mandatory" to every match. This would work like a dm or fracture threshold, you would be able to change the threshold itself OR turn it off or on. Having this be a feature in certain mods or an option in non-public servers would be a blast to play with. Making sure you don't have your opponent break your grab or trying to break the grab yourself is just a unique idea in general.

Saying no to fun ideas because you assume someones bad at the game is really silly and unnecessary.

Even then, in public servers, it's rare to get dm'ed due to the high threshold, and thus it'd be un-necessary coding, only useful in specific circumstances.
It's like the water suggestion. It's situational and could probably just be a script.
Silver Elite Master. Fml.
Ele | Morals | JackMorris
Originally Posted by EJXIII View Post
Even then, in public servers, it's rare to get dm'ed due to the high threshold, and thus it'd be un-necessary coding, only useful in specific circumstances.
It's like the water suggestion. It's situational and could probably just be a script.

It isn't situational, its a simple mechanic. I don't understand what you mean by being it rare to be dmed in public servers because aikido is not the only mod people play, besides I would love to see this on for aikido because it's already very repetitive and boring (and centered around grabbing.)
I do see what you mean by the water suggestion though, because that's pretty environment related and would be good a specific set of mods. This is for all grab mods.
I'm impressed on how many useless posts this thread conjured up.

There is already a suggestion on this, look for it.

Closing this one because wow it's bad.