Toribash
Originally Posted by SushiRoll View Post
Why are all my triggers backwards?

A bit hard to tell without the code now isnt it fool

triggeractions : 0 = no trigger 1 = tori (you) wins 2 = uke wins 3 = draw

Each trigger can collide with multiple other trigger groups, if you're doing it in notepad don't forget to add them up (if you want it to trigger with group 2 and 4, it'll be 6 for example)
Last edited by DashSora; Apr 25, 2017 at 04:01 PM.
Recently gotten into modding and need a few answers.
How do I create 1 "unique" nonstatic shape by using multiple shapes stuck inside eachother without them spazzing out. (I've tried to use the Group and Collide with checkboxes but I didn't get it to work.

And why isn't this mod loadable? (So that I don't make the same mistake in the future.)
Attached Files
lightsaberspar_fix.tbm (1.7 KB, 4 views)
Originally Posted by Hypersaint View Post
How do I create 1 "unique" nonstatic shape by using multiple shapes stuck inside eachother without them spazzing out. (I've tried to use the Group and Collide with checkboxes but I didn't get it to work.

And why isn't this mod loadable? (So that I don't make the same mistake in the future.)

Either:
1.) match the angles of the objects themselves and ONLY shift orientation with the connecting joint object's "range."

You'll need one joint object for every object intersection to keep it from blowing up like it currently is. Depending on the shape, youll eat through all your joint objects almost immediately and it probably won't look or function like you want.

Which leads me to:

2.) Don't, it's pretty limited and difficult

Static objects will handle this significantly better, since you don't need to use all tgat magic to keep them still, altough it may come with a potential drop in framerate depending on the amount of visible overlap.
Last edited by pouffy; Apr 26, 2017 at 08:54 PM.
Originally Posted by Hypersaint View Post

Group and collide with are for triggers ! a whole other thing ! You can learn more about them here

The mod you attached doesn't seem to have a problem? Is it yours? One thing that could be done to increase the resistance of the joint joining the hilts and the blades, is to add 1 in the z velocity, and putting 99999 strength.

The reason why you can't load this mod in multiplayer is because it has not been uploaded to the mods registry
On Page 133 of this part of Forums, I had asked about a issue I have, with a custom Mod that I have been working on. I haven't gotten a successful answer. Does anyone know how to resolve the issue with my Mod?

The details are on Page 133
Originally Posted by ShadowNyah View Post
I'm trying to make a mod where a two-piece dagger is underneath the tip of one of the characters' foot, and it is held to the foot by one piece that is positioned diagonal, and closer to the ankle, which blocks the right and top part of where it can slide off, and then have another piece which is positioned diagonal at the other side of the foot, at the back corner on the top, to block the left and top, and the back part of where it can slide off.
Along with the handle of the dagger, those three pieces would hold it onto the foot and prevent the shoe hidden blade from sliding off, while the foot can still move properly. I would then do the same for the other feet, coming to the maximum cap of 16 movable objects, 4 per foot.
The issue is that, the one that goes at the back left corner of the foot, every time I change that, and the joint connected from that to the dagger handle, so it has a additional axis of -45 degree rotation, it then starts spastically trying to reposition itself on the angles, which causes it to jitter quickly and cause numerous issues with keeping it on, and letting the foot move freely.
Is there anything here which can be changed to fix it?
The axis angle of the joint that is at the dagger handle, and the axis angle of the back piece are both the same, 45, -45, 0, and it only jitters when two of the axis angles are not 0.
The axis angle of another joint that is at the dagger handle, and the axis angle of the side piece are also the same, 0,-45, 0, and that one doesn't jitter.

the axis is the direction of movement on any joint.
You should remember that the object cant be clipping in toris.
the axis goes as rotation axis, you need to understand rotation before setting it.

here

you can mix axis for the three directions to get the correct rotation.

the range is the limits of rotation on both ways.
try messing with the axis and ranges.
the axis is the direction of movement on any joint.
You should remember that the object cant be clipping in toris.
the axis goes as rotation axis, you need to understand rotation before setting it.
here*

you can mix axis for the three directions to get the correct rotation.

the range is the limits of rotation on both ways.
try messing with the axis and ranges.

I understand the three Axes, and the issue isn't quite clipping reasons. The jittering issue seems to occur when:

more than one of the Axis rotations for object 4, joint object 3, or both are higher or lower than 0, i.e:

Object 4: 45, -45, 0
Joint Object 3: 45, -45, 0

The jittering issue DOES NOT occur when:
only one Axis rotation for both object 4, and joint object 3, is more or less than 0:

Object 4: 45, 0, 0
Joint Object 3: 45, 0, 0
Outcome: no jittering

the bigger the difference in numbers, of the second modified axis, of the angles of object 4, and joint object 3: The more that part jitters and tries to reposition itself:

Outcome: jittering repositioning.

Object 4: 45, -60, 0

or:

Object 4: 60, -45, 0
Outcome: violent jittering repositioning.

when more than two Axis angles are more or less than 0, the issue occurs.

The most stable point that I have got it to be, is: 45, -45, 0 for both object 4 and joint object 3.
Last edited by ShadowNyah; May 1, 2017 at 01:06 PM.
raise strength of joints, raise mass of objects.
test with higher values and you will see a difference
Originally Posted by ShadowNyah View Post
I understand the three Axes, and the issue isn't quite clipping reasons. The jittering issue seems to occur when:

more than one of the Axis rotations for object 4, joint object 3, or both are higher or lower than 0, i.e:

The jittering issue DOES NOT occur when:
only one Axis rotation for both object 4, and joint object 3, is more or less than 0:

Object 4: 45, 0, 0
Joint Object 3: 45, 0, 0
Outcome: no jittering

the bigger the difference in numbers, of the second modified axis, of the angles of object 4, and joint object 3: The more that part jitters and tries to reposition itself:

Outcome: jittering repositioning.

Object 4: 45, -60, 0

or:

Object 4: 60, -45, 0
Outcome: violent jittering repositioning.

when more than two Axis angles are more or less than 0, the issue occurs.

The most stable point that I have got it to be, is: 45, -45, 0 for both object 4 and joint object 3.

Attach your mod, itd help us help you !

I suggest you go checkout weapon mods otherwize, see why it works and try to replicate it your way
Attach your mod, itd help us help you !

I suggest you go checkout weapon mods otherwize, see why it works and try to replicate it your way

I don't know how to attach mods onto a message here, but the name of the Mod, in the Mod List, is:
hiddenshoebladestest.tbm

you should be able to find it there.

raise strength of joints, raise mass of objects.
test with higher values and you will see a difference

I don't want the shoe weapon to become too heavy, that it weighs down upon the character's feet and legs, so the Mass number I won't be raising.
Sometime, I will test with the strength of the joints, as it might currently be too weak to stop it from jittering violently.