Ranking
Original Post
[lit] Song Lyrics
I was told that literature was to be posted here, in the Art section, under a [lit] tag. Enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------

Dread Lane (You're welcome to come up with a better name)

[First stanza] Chorus:/ In the shadow/ I can see it/ Creepin' down my arm. Out the window/ I can feel it/ Rise into the stars. Passion has left me (left me)/ Broke in and shook me (shook me)/ Until you found me (found me) empty (cast out!). {the chorus is all one, steady rhythm; mainly drums. Background singer(s) are always a beat after the lead and do not overlap}
*10-15 second instrumental*
[Second stanza] Watch {drag out the "ah" sound with a higher note} the roses fall/ Petals {drag out the "eh" sound} in the lake/ Everybody hears their call to wake. And now they see you (need you)/ Want you (need you)/ Coming for you (gonna eat you)/ Better run (run away) from your life.
*short instrumental*
{next parts are whispers} See that kid?/ {skip a beat} (Yeah...)/ Better stop him../ *low pitched growl* He'll befriend his devils.../
Chorus/ *instrumental fade out*/ {whisper after fade out} Run from your life...

-------------------------------------------------------

I realize that to any songwriters here, it's most likely not even close to how lyrics are supposed to be written. And to any musicians, I cannot read or write music. So just bear with me, give me some criticism, and hopefully it won't be too bad for you.

To anyone wondering, yes, this is the first song I've ever written. The style was a mix of Creature Feature (one of my favorite bands) and The Birthday Massacre (another band that I'm fond of).