ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Gfx] Guitar Signature
ok this is a signature i made in gimp...im still a beginner so C&C would help. Thanks!

Cannon Penis
One tip - don't use splatter brushes.
Otherwise some people will think you are lazy to make splatters y yourself.
Also shadow is bad and random.
Make it more ''folowing'' the shape of guitars.
Left side is too empty.
Also you could find a better place for a text. Color also isn't the best.
That stroke is bad. Make the colour to be darker than a shadow you made.
Hope, I helped you.
The Highlight is in the right place.
The splatters over the front guitar look good.
The contrast of the pink on the black works.
The shadow is perfect in my opinion.
The text placement is good but if you can get it perfect it would be allot better.
Small details make a picture perfect.
I don't think the gap between the image and the bottom of the canvas is necessary.

Overall a good job.
ok thanks and thanks lol also im kinda bad at placing text so if anyone has any tips on that or where it should go in this particular signature that would be helpful.
Last edited by Blancester; Jul 5, 2011 at 05:26 PM.
Cannon Penis
try have the text go parallel to one of the guitar's handle or whatever it's called
just a suggestion
Take the text off in general. 9/10 times it looks bad.
But, if you're really bent on putting text on a sig, I recommend keeping the color white or black, set the layer to overlay, and lower the opacity to around 50%. Place it near the focal as to not draw any attention to it.
Well basically you're lacking the basics of lighting, depth, and flow. I recommend looking at some basic tut's to help you out.
um no no its not a googled image...this was made in gimp and the font is called Birth of a Hero and i downloaded it from dafont.com...also thanks to everyone else for you actually constructive critisism and ill try to look up some tutorials to get better and depth and flow since apparently im not very good at that judging by the amount of critisism i get on my lack of it...but thanks
Cannon Penis