Ranking
Originally Posted by boStaff View Post
"wow everyone is such cancer aren't i just superior to everyone else"

ftfy

reddit in a nutshell
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
lol that's not true though.

Certainly there are some communities that encourage the same kind of cancer as reddit, but generally they have a specific purpose.

Eg StackOverflow is warranted I think, because they are trying to answer questions.

Reddit on the other hand is just about whoring and hiveminding for no good reason.

Have you been on Reddit before?
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Have you been on Reddit before?

Yes, of course, I've been around for 8 years or so.

Reddit is an absolutely terrible setup and a terrible community. I still read it sometimes, but it's not good man. It breeds ignorance, encourages whoring, hiveminding and such arrogance, and spews out all kinds of crap.

Every time I see something I made posted there getting hundreds of thousands of upvotes, I just know some kid is on the other end giggling about all his karma he got from whoring.

Consider this, if tb forums worked like reddit, your post would be downvoted and hidden. A great discussion platform, right?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
smaller subreddits are usually better if you actually want to talk about stuff
11:44 PM - mokoshotar: do you think if i give you a list of bullies at my school you could butterfly jutsu them
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Yes, of course, I've been around for 8 years or so.

Reddit is an absolutely terrible setup and a terrible community. I still read it sometimes, but it's not good man. It breeds ignorance, encourages whoring, hiveminding and such arrogance, and spews out all kinds of crap.

Every time I see something I made posted there getting hundreds of thousands of upvotes, I just know some kid is on the other end giggling about all his karma he got from whoring.

Consider this, if tb forums worked like reddit, your post would be downvoted and hidden. A great discussion platform, right?

you must be the expert on web design, right?

reddit is the prime example of capitalism
4chan, which im going to use as a contrast, is the prime example of communism

when i say "prime," i don't mean "best possible." i mean it is the quintessential example.

that is to say it doesn't work very well either way. ragging on one community over another (i.e. toribash over gaia online) doesn't make any sense because 9 out of 10 times the community will be obscenely shitty anyway (see: toribash and gaia online)
Last edited by boStaff; Mar 11, 2014 at 06:14 PM.
shmevin eats smegma
wouldnt a toribash subreddit only consist of people within the toribash community
you must be the expert on web design, right?

Shuck, I wouldn't say I'm an expert ^^

reddit is the prime example of capitalism
4chan, which im going to use as a contrast, is the prime example of communism

when i say "prime," i don't mean "best possible." i mean it is the quintessential example.

Reddit can't even break even, is that a commentary on capitalism being a flawed system?!

That's pretty deep boStaff.

And yeah, 4chan is lateral and doesn't have censorship, which makes it a lot more organic and people actually read the posts. Another good thing is that people can't up or down vote based only on the title of a link or image.

that is to say it doesn't work very well either way. ragging on one community over another (i.e. toribash over gaia online) doesn't make any sense because 9 out of 10 times the community will be obscenely shitty anyway (see: toribash and gaia online)

tb community isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
it's pretty terrible but i'd assume a 4chan regular couldn't tell the difference
shmevin eats smegma
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
Would you really want those redditfags to know about toribash? really? That sound like a good idea? Whats next you want 9gaggers?

It can't be any worse than the old SA invasion a while back...

Also, hey, I'm on le reddit, but I use my other nick "Uhnahn" on there, so hey.

"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
it's pretty terrible but i'd assume a 4chan regular couldn't tell the difference

Saying things like that is rude to all the clans and orgs and staff that are working hard and doing their best.