Toribash
Oldskool is dull. Is there even anything good beyond wu tang and public enemy?
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Yes ok big pun is decent. Most stuff sound the same though. I might just be tired of it.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Oldskool is dull. Is there even anything good beyond wu tang and public enemy?

i'm not even sure what signifies rap as oldschool. i guess pre-2000
illmatic is pretty good
Probably the official definition. I think it's more of a vibe thing, simple beats, vinyl scratches, and little to no attention to the chorus is oldskool to me.
I should probably listen more to that.
ure probably right.
that song is pretty dope. i typically don't like woman singers let alone rappers.
i fucking love mf doom
i typically don't like woman singers let alone rappers.

I like different vocals, i believe akua naru has the best voice in the industry but since we're only posting old skool here i'm just gonna link lor. Good vocals, but not that enjoyable lyrics.

Also i shouldn't have to say that doom is really good but i did.
Old school isn't dull, then that would make this new scene absolute garbage and it is, so maybe old school is dull.

Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
Old school isn't dull, then that would make this new scene absolute garbage and it is, so maybe old school is dull.

New scene is generally worse than old school, but i find individual stuff that i like better than old school stuff. I liked the last 2 things you posted.