ES Recruitment Drive
the current ranks are shit, way too many people are grand champ and the current ranks only benefit people below champion.

excited for the new season and my gc title.
faint sucks lolly xd.

we get fucked so hard from random shit, its not even funny. Like he's good and I'm not terrible. Just them 50/50s man

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by Faint View Post
way too many people are grand champ

I would agree that the skill difference between low Grand Champ and high Grand Champ is too big, but I wouldn't say there are too many people in GC. The percentage is like 0.2% according to Psyonix. The new RL players just haven't been able to quite catch up to the SARPBC veterans yet.
Originally Posted by Zockinator View Post
I would agree that the skill difference between low Grand Champ and high Grand Champ is too big, but I wouldn't say there are too many people in GC. The percentage is like 0.2% according to Psyonix. The new RL players just haven't been able to quite catch up to the SARPBC veterans yet.

there are ~400 points between the highest grand champs and the lowest grand champs, and it depends on the playlist as well. the lowest rank you can be at grand champ is around 1140, and you can go all the way up to nearly 2000 but i think the farthest anyone has obtained is high 1600s. considering that season 3 is nothing like season 1 in that you can no longer get 0 points for beating lower ranked players and that season 3 has been the longest season, it's seeming like high 1600s and 1700 might be the farthest people can climb. that being said, yes, there is a big difference between the highest grand champs and the lowest, but this is why i'm saying there's way too many people in grand champ. 0.2% of all players in the highest rank is way too many, even if it looks like a low number. what is the % of players in challenger in league of legends? it's way less than 0.2%; only 100 players can be in it at one time and it constantly rotates players in and out. rocket league could benefit highly from something like that and that's why next season's ranks should be a lot better with them expanding out the higher ranks even more. i've made it to 1200 or so personally and i still wouldn't say i belong in the same rank as people like kuxir or deevo or markydooda, etc.

i also somewhat disagree with your statement about new RL players. there have been a lot of new RL players catching up to and beating old sarp veterans, but in general i'd say that the best sarp veterans like kuxir, marky, m1k3, kronovi, etc. have had the most success in the biggest tournaments. a 2/3 sarp team - kronovi and lachinio being the veterans and 0verzer0 being the non-veteran winning rlcs season 1, and another 2/3 sarp team - marky and kuxir being the veterans and greazy being the non-veteran winning rlcs season 2. even still, saying that new players can't catch up to the sarp vets is just wrong. the sarp vets didn't play sarp like people now play rocket league, it had a much smaller community and the only people who took it as seriously as rocket league are the ones who now compete for rlcs titles. let's not pretend players like maestro, rizzo, greazy, remkoe, deevo, etc. don't stand a chance against sarp veterans when they're constantly taking games from them. it's been nearly 2 years and players are now clocking close to 2000 and 3000 hours, veterans and non-veterans alike. i'm personally sitting at nearly 800 and that's why i'm saying players like me don't belong in grand champ, etc.
bought the game on my alt for fun (and kinda to carry a friend), bounced up to grand champ in about 25 games after carrying my friend to blue star. also played like 15 solo games and the only game i lost was to lachinio.

xd

Last edited by Faint; Feb 19, 2017 at 09:08 AM.
So I finally got some home wifi, was challenger 1 with the bad wifi, got to challenger 3 div 4 the day the wifi was installed. Will I be able to make it to blue star in time?