Ranking
Original Post
Replay Critique Thread
Who would have guessed but I will start my part of the Tori Legends forum with a replay critique thread. I often get messages from people asking me to look at their replays so I figured I could just make this public. I'll try to keep this up as good as possible but if a shitload of people post here, please bare with me.

Post your replays here and maybe even say something about them yourself, where did you struggle, what parts are you especially proud of, what did you want to make but couldn't achieve, etc.

Please don't post large amounts of replays in one post since I plan to give the same amount of attention to every person. If you put more replays I will spend less time on each replay. You should rather come back later and post again.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Hi NutHug, What you say about this replay? ;*

I've been doing replays since around november 2013

click here

Apathetic User
Hi nuthug! You're also known for making awesome replays yourself and some of the strongest hold all suplex technique I've seen in aikido. I have a question about the first.

Look, I'm I can achieve medium (ok a bit below) hits in 30tf mods (ABD, lenshu3ng) with using multiple joints simultaneously to get that extra speed and power into the hit. However, when I go into singleplayer and I can do 10tf or even shorter frames with 1tc, I totally get lost and I dunno what and when to do for achieving power via kinetic linking.

So yeah, often with ability to control it I only mess up and do it wrong so I get less power than if doing it in MP in one or 2 long turns.

What would be your advice how can I lean to do kinetic linking in SP to achieve fancy speed for stronk hits and hopefully even a boom here or there xD?
Vendoor:
You are starting with a very nice kick but then you get too close to uke to set yourself up for another hit. You used up most of your spinny momentum after the kick and are just floating there in the air afterwards. You try to get back into position with the kick at 360 but it just takes a tad too long. You can only come up with another attack by grabing Uke and pulling him towards you. I would have prefered to see an earlier grab at frame 380ish. From there you could have kicked with your right leg in order to keep a better flow in the replay. This way it's a tad too floaty. After the hits I can see your knees are always completely contracted or extended. This is generally bad for ground interaction.

JSnuff:
Thank you, sir. For your question:
It sounds a bit like you don't know how to get into a starting position. In multiplayer you are kinda forced into a situation immediately and you adapt to it. As you might notice you can't hit at every turn, only when something is set up and the tricky part in SP is to put yourself into these positions in a decent flow.
I would advice you to try to get into these positions without caring about the previous flow. You know, stuff like sweep setups and then practice from there. Then when you make replays you do flowy stuff until you see that you could maybe twitch yourself into one of these position to deliver a blow.
Unfortunately I can't really tell which part you struggle with without seeing a replay or something.

Complexity:
I like that replay a lot. Has a really nice flow to it. Not too much unecessary stuff. The spin to your setup position is decent, then a fast spin to double knee. Very nice. I was afraid you were too close to Uke after that and maybe you could have punched the torso a bit further back while decaping, raising shoulder or something. But you recover really greatly from that and even pull a landing to the kick. Maybe you could have been a bit more active while getting into the pose instead of just falling there.
Enjoyed this one a lot.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
hug my nuts pls
Attached Files
#Plata_Salty Stream.rpl (289.6 KB, 78 views)
My signature was too long so I got this pretty rainbow here instead now. Isn't it nice? This is a nice rainbow.

Risk did this to me and I hate him forever, please join the official "Fuck Risk in the Ass With a Live Bat" social group to join me in hating Risk:
Click here to join my cult to fuck Risk in the ass with a live bat
Can you give me some tips on momentum gain, shifting momentum, and just overall fluidness?
Replay
Thanks and nice thread.
Last edited by Cercopes; Mar 11, 2014 at 01:07 AM.
Oh hey NutHug, little known fact you are my original inspiration and I thank you for that!

If you wouldn't mind cncing this replay, that'd be great.

Thanks again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]