ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Why?

The problem is two-fold. The whole crux of this entire thing has to do with 1) Attracting new players and 2) Retaining new players.

As far as I'm aware we advertise shit-all (which is to say, we advertise very little/at all). Advertising is our net, right? We use it to catch fish. Well, we should be, at least. Whatever revenue is being gained from Toribash, a portion of it should go back towards promoting the product (common-sense business practice). Failing that, generate revenue by selling ad-space for non TP/VIP users and funnel that revenue back into advertising Toribash. Failing that, stick out your hands and have a community donation drive, "We're too stingy to invest in advertising ourselves, but please feel free for you to do it instead". Just do something, for Pete's sake.

The 2nd part of the problem is retaining the new players. We've already got solutions for this. Check the thread Powas made about bringing Toribash back to life in S&I. Have beginner-oriented events, have Tori-Agents sitting in beginner servers dispensing advice and wisdom. We already know how to engage newer players in Toribash, we've done it before. We just need to start doing it again.

iirc, toriagents aren't around just because they became part of the GM usergroup. toriagents are a must imo, not sure why there hasn't been any talk about their return. i'll fix that soon

Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
Seems ironic coming from a person who lied about there gender, got in a relationship with a player, then laughed and mocked them when they were going through a tough time in there life.

yee ha brother 2017
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

When devs abandon the game and release update like once a 3 years then of course player base will keep falling until it reaches 0.
Games are supposed to be entertaining, and the entertainment is gone when you play exact the same game for 4 years and you get one update.
Toribash will become dead game in a year or two, most people here are only active for forums and friends.
I plateaued in my gameplay like 2 years ago.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
there's a lack of events and the tournaments are usually random mods, which results in little reason to practice the game personally.
Last edited by Daxx; Jan 31, 2017 at 08:20 AM.
Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
iirc, toriagents aren't around just because they became part of the GM usergroup. toriagents are a must imo, not sure why there hasn't been any talk about their return. i'll fix that soon

yee ha brother 2017

Good luck keeping people from getting burned out. Being a tori agent gets pretty boring pretty fast, atleast that was the general feeling when TAs were around. I remember sometimes joining in on them back when I was a GM and after 15 minutes I wanted to take a gun to my head. Beginner tournaments are also a nightmare to host since you get alts and have to verify manually every account. tl;dr Tori agents would be like trying to apply a band aid to a 6 inch wide wound.

What needs to be worked on is smoothening out the learning curve and making more efforts to bring people on the forums or make it so that the game isn't so heavily forum oriented. Also the game needs new ACTUAL content (not cosmetics). I've been playing since 2009 and the way the game is played hasn't changed. 2v2 would be a nice addition (and dont give me that crap that the average computer aisn't powerful enough, that has been the excuse for the past 8 years for christ sake).
Last edited by Liquidoom; Feb 4, 2017 at 11:36 PM.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
I personally that think it is for many reasons.
Tc hard to acquire for beginners
The blood physics are not very good (beginners see this immediately)
The items seem pretty generic and the cool ones aren't anything a beginner can dream to aquire
The graphics on objects in mods (especially transparent) aren't too good
Tb isn't being advertised, the influx of players when this was released on steam proves it will help to advertise this game
Beginners don't have enough beginners to be around
No one pays attention to beginners
Updates come very rarely and don't bring many game changing features.
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU
Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post
Good luck keeping people from getting burned out. Being a tori agent gets pretty boring pretty fast, atleast that was the general feeling when TAs were around. I remember sometimes joining in on them back when I was a GM and after 15 minutes I wanted to take a gun to my head. Beginner tournaments are also a nightmare to host since you get alts and have to verify manually every account. tl;dr Tori agents would be like trying to apply a band aid to a 6 inch wide wound.

What needs to be worked on is smoothening out the learning curve and making more efforts to bring people on the forums or make it so that the game isn't so heavily forum oriented. Also the game needs new ACTUAL content (not cosmetics). I've been playing since 2009 and the way the game is played hasn't changed. 2v2 would be a nice addition (and dont give me that crap that the average computer aisn't powerful enough, that has been the excuse for the past 8 years for christ sake).

the help squad is already (supposed to be) doing these things, and they voluntarily applied for it, then expanded to have ingame presence. it's not that out there.
those problems are things that are addressed when they come up, and so far no one has felt the need to.

the 2v2 is also not about the power a computer has, as much as the engine toribash runs on. (correct me if i'm wrong)
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Machine muscle was an argument people tended to use years ago when more than 1v1 was a thing & ran like crap on older hardware, and yeah, it was a legitimate reason for it to not happen at the time.
However the real reason it vanished was far simpler - It was shit.

For people who keep demanding 2v2 etc and never read what we keep repeating:
3 & 4 player TB did exist, was tested, and was scrapped because it sucked. Simple as that. It remained as a single player thing for a while, then was eventually removed from the game completely.

If people want hampa's official views on it then go dig for the interview he did with LesDuncan on Twitch years ago, it inevitably came up as a question and got a longer version of the above as an answer.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Machine muscle was an argument people tended to use years ago when more than 1v1 was a thing & ran like crap on older hardware, and yeah, it was a legitimate reason for it to not happen at the time.
However the real reason it vanished was far simpler - It was shit.

Such a bullshit reason, 3 and 4 player would be amazing if specific mods were made for it.
the god