Ranking
Original Post
Originally Posted by Hacks View Post
I mean, everyone keeps saying it's hard af, but in all honesty.
People are making bots in League of legends, and that's more highly advanced than toribash.

If you look at it this way, making a script that can copy down moves from online play, openers from different mods, or anything in that general aspect. Have it take down who frame, what joints, what position, and have it lined up with what that person did next. Or have it set to have uke learn from what you just did last game. If you did one move, it puts that move into it's memory bank, letting it use it at random next fight.

The only thing you'd have to do is something that takes in fact how close ukes joints are from touching the ground to be able to 'save' ones self while trying to continue the fight.
And from seeing what awesome things people are creating, this really isn't that hard of a step forward. I mean, we have something that can record joints and use them at will when we want them. Why not modify that into something that can record and put it into a code used for uke's moveset?

I don't think saying how hard it will be, but if someone actually sits down and tries to do it, it could be done quite easy. I mean, we've had/i've seen people that use multiplayer bots. That's no different than getting uke to fight against you. It's actually easier. You only have to worry about 1 side, instead of both blue/red.
Pretty sure if someone said, "I'd pay 100,000tc for someone to make this" it'd be done in no time. It's just no ones inspired to do something that requires a little bit of effort for no payout.

no it's not harder

being able to make a bot that moves according to another entities position and performs an action once said entity is within range is not that hard

Making a bot that reacts to ENDLESS outcomes and predicts when they'll hit an object and reacting to how your opponent moves is much harder

even if A.I is implemented it won't be topnotch, a white belt probably wouldn't have a problem beating it
Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
Making a bot that reacts to ENDLESS outcomes and predicts when they'll hit an object and reacting to how your opponent moves is much harder

Would it blow your mind to know that was actually being worked on at one time? Vox made a script that created a "tori brain" that would learn how to play by figuring out all the possibilities.

Thing is (as you'd expect) it was never finished, it also meant leaving the bot running to fight itself for a stupid amount of hours per mod so it wouldn't be utterly retarded. I had it running for around 3 days before it started to become slightly component at the mod it was in. Basically noob level stuff by that point. Far from ideal, but it was the closest someone's came to making something that could've possibly been legit AI for TB.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SKITZOFRENIK View Post
join system is complicated

yeah right, join system is really "complicated"
you just connect to the server, thats it!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Originally Posted by snoresville View Post
yeah right, join system is really "complicated"
you just connect to the server, thats it!

He must have meant Joint* system.

Anyhow, having an AI without access to the core of the game, able to "try" future outcomes and weigh decisions that way makes it a lot harder to code a "functioning" AI in the way players want. The downside is the time it takes to create one with satisfying performance, especially if you are very small team with a tight budget.

It is possible. But what is the great upside? Do you play Toribash for the singleplayer experience?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
It would only need a few positions. It would be a work in progress, beta tested, and it would become efficient. The thing is, you need a brain, which is hard to find here. :O
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by -Link View Post
It would only need a few positions.

You mean uke in the fight uke thingy?
But for like different mods?
It's not ai, but I would love to see it.