Toribash
Original Post
Toribash to esports
I would like to see some bignkoney tb.

10k $ would be an ammount toribash would afford to host a big tourney with steam banners, announced 6 monnths from now. That would bring new gamers into esports...
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
This has been suggested many times, and it would be good for the game's life span and a good move for tb next, my concerns are more on actual gameplay and we what we should expect to see, also seeing abd is the most popular mod for competitions of sorts, I'm using the playstyle I tend to see in every war/duel/betting/even casual games.

I don't think everyone wants to see just a lifting fight, as unique as the game is I don't think everyone is going to play interestingly, majority will use basic cheap moves cause they just want to win which of course is the goal but yeah.

Other than that we can already compile a list of who we should expect to win, just but looking at stats and their playstyle which I'm sure most high "skilled" players use the same moves since they work, I feel that this will just make a lot of players not join as well since they know they won't have a chance to win, and the natural learning curve of the game, at most have tiers of skill.
also is the playerbase even big enough to make a decent esport?

Excuse the bad grammar too tired to re-read my post.
Last edited by Lucy; May 23, 2018 at 02:31 AM.
|Evil|
I don't exist
You have valid points. It takes years to master the game.
Maybe the ammount i stated in first post is way off.

But perhaps 100$ tourneys and some advertising cant hurt the game in the long run.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
The problem with running Toribash as an esport is that the community is not currently large enough really, and it's risky to make big tournaments and then they end up getting no funding back from donations or purchases. I really doubt enough people buy things in this game with actually money for it to be self sustaining for big enough tournaments to get enough more people interested.

As for the potential, the games always had potential, and especially recently they have been trying to make it an esport with the way ranked works and such, and I'm sure they will be making Toribash Next very esport like. However, I do not feel the community is really big enough to do this. Nor do I feel doing a massive tournament would bring a big enough insurgence to the game. As for the type of game Toribash is, and how hard it is to learn.
Toribash is a weird game, people used to play AAA games are giving shit about Games you need to think to do something.
How many friends said this game is for nerds to me? meh, so much
Undead Leader - Item Forger - Left-Handed - DeviantArt - Scorpius
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4476328_4.gif[/SIGPIC]