ES Recruitment Drive
Why do you guys care about graphics? Its the effin gameplay that matters.

The first super mario bros STILL pwns some of todays games, but for you fags that dont like mario bros think about GTA: San Andreas made in 2004, its still epic fun.
Crysis wouldn't be anything without its graphics so it is quite a major part. Some game for example mount and blade goes along just fine with next-gen graphics but it is a large part of the game in my opinion.

If Blizzard for example would release Starcraft2 with the same graphics as Broodwar not as many would buy it, not me at least, I want to see fresh things.

It is more enjoyable to watch Empire Total war than Shogun and I would also choose Empire over Shogun anyday, not as fair perhaps since shogun aren't as deep as Empire.

Graphics do play a large role in the games today, it adds to the overall impression, it is a part of the game. Music, gameplay and graphics all make a game, you could throw in the epic music from Dragon Age Origins but it wouldn't feel as epic if all you saw was pacman.
Dirt dosen't need luck
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
20 used to be playable until I started running all the lame console ports at over 60. sigh.

But isn't a 480 more equivalent to a 5870, not 5770? Or is metro just optimized for ati?

480 isn't equal to any of those cards.

I believe it is optimized for nvidia's physx features. Plus, the worst you can expect is a 10 fps drop depending on your card and other specs.
Penumbra. turn up the graphics and shit your pants.

And danger, how long can you actually sit and play super mario bros. 1? 10 minutes? 15 minutes?

It's classic, but doesn't really compare. It's not that addictive like, ocarina of time.
Last edited by ivolt; Apr 1, 2010 at 01:54 AM.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
Originally Posted by Danger1337 View Post
Why do you guys care about graphics? Its the effin gameplay that matters.

The first super mario bros STILL pwns some of todays games, but for you fags that dont like mario bros think about GTA: San Andreas made in 2004, its still epic fun.

Lets see, because the thread maker wants to know what PC game has the best graphics at the moment?

derp
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.::[Latin]::..-Ldr[GU]-[OLDA]-[PwN]-[TO]-[BISH]-[MG]-[WLT]

[Auction].::Full Demo Set::.
~TheElement Signature WingFlame