Ranking
Original Post
[WIP] Toridragster

Edit: This whole blurb is old; [Okay so I saw the toricar and it's nice... and then I had this drunken dream about driving dragsters.. those ones with the long front... and then I decided it would be cool if 2 of those smashed together so I figure this would be a sweet way of doing that.. anyways I haven't started but I made this little design for it that pretty much has all 21 parts, 20 joints (except one hidden part and joint which is just the rear right wheel basically [EDIT: I just noticed pecs are missing too... but that can be changed easily I guess]). Uhh someone was asking about the process of making a mod so I figured I'd share what I consider the "first step". Enjoy the picture until it's completed ]

Edit: Okay so this is like an entire day later.. alright so I had this huge issue with the body flopping at round start and I couldn't figure it out because I'm an idiot for the most part lol so I got frustrated and was going to give up and let everyone down but then I slept on it and figured out that it was the axis that was causing the problem (duh?) But pretty much in 3 hours I was able to make the dragster with the help of worldbuilder actually @_@ teh secret has been released lol D: and then I tweaked the wheels and got those to work and canceled the ranges out of the joints and not all the body parts were in place so it took another 3 hours to displace everything where I wanted it and such... and then I fixed up the joints radius' so it had a more polished look to it and the only ones that are showing are the ones that you need or in places to make the dragster look cooler because they don't really do anything lol... and then my internet cut out and I got extremely frustrated and slept and then figured out the axis thing and was able to make some quick nice screenshots a couple hours ago with the now-working dragsters.. so then I played around a lot with forces and thrusts and such but the way I built it... the breastplate is totally unattached from the chest so any force over 11 rips the thing in half so I figure it works for the most part without any forces and removed all of that then tweaked the weight a bit and it's ready for release now I suppose...

(taken right from "Toridragsters.tbm")
Hints for success:
- Don't rev twice in a row at the start of the round
- The spoiler shouldn't pass the point where it is horizontal
- If your neck is going into the back of your dragster [in your
ghost image] it's a bad sign, it means your dragster is going
to brake in half, stop reving and relax your rear wrists.
- Have Fun

Known Bugs:
- The dragster will ocasionally brake in half if stressed
- If using a dojo (recommended; dojotype: 1, dojosize: 2000, flags: 7) Uke
will have more room around the back of his dragster than
Tori will

EDIT: (Sorry for any hastle my internet connection keeps cutting out...) New version uploaded with faster model & main bug possibly fixed. [Thanks to Brain112]
Last edited by siku; Jun 19, 2009 at 07:15 PM.
/set gr 0 0 -30
That is very nice as Borat loves to say
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
Originally Posted by Danvari View Post
Umm so how do you want to connect it with joints?

I was thinking something like this

but I dunno :P
/set gr 0 0 -30
Don't tell me you just built that thing?

yes.. I just built it.. and both tori and uke look like a dragster lol but..
lol, nice, but does it work?

no, it doesn't work yet... I need to make the wheel turn and then lock up most of the other joints because it just flops lol if you look really closely at the image there's a bend in the body (in the ghost) and also the spoiler didn't end up where I wanted it... so I have a lot of work left but I'm going to eat lunch first and come back to it...
/set gr 0 0 -30