ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
How to improve art skills?
So recently I made some head textures and I want to know how to improve my art skills by making them more detailed.

Here is my thread of textures I have made - http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=553774

Thanks for the support and help guys
Also link me to any other useful threads I should probably read.
Last edited by CookiezMC; Mar 25, 2016 at 09:38 AM.

click show

Honestly, all of the heads aside from the human one are good, but could be better. Experiment, add small details like glowing glyphs on the sides, and wait a
Bit to make human textures, honestly it was bad
Originally Posted by Leanmarkie View Post
Honestly, all of the heads aside from the human one are good, but could be better. Experiment, add small details like glowing glyphs on the sides, and wait a
Bit to make human textures, honestly it was bad

Thanks man, that human one was a joke for friends though so yeah xD

click show

Yeah man, I really do like the other heads. Try to make one like the last one with some kind of tribal mixed in, and make a set. I can see you being great at art!

Also I'm on mobile so sorry for bad formatting
focus more on shading. if you learn how to do shading, your heads will be worth around 15K. learn how light reflects from different surfaces. Add glow to the colours and make them more vivid. I am new at this myself. But practicing is the main key here.
here is a texture i am working on. see how I made the eye kinda glow and the shading pops the hole.. don't mind the tendons yet. they are not shaded XD
Last edited by pakkun106; Mar 23, 2016 at 04:43 AM.
Tip:
Make the preview with no ray tracing and focused to the head(In 512x512 ofc)
You are fine,just practice more and more
You will get used to it soon
-My DeviantArt-
-Bad80-
The best way to improve your art skill isn't a good idea but the knowledge about your software you are using,
and trust me i know what im talking about
Originally Posted by Leanmarkie View Post
Yeah man, I really do like the other heads. Try to make one like the last one with some kind of tribal mixed in, and make a set. I can see you being great at art!

Also I'm on mobile so sorry for bad formatting

Thanks for the feedback. This is all the inspiration I need to make a set.
I will also see what I can do about your tribal idea
-----
Originally Posted by NikosDEAD View Post
The best way to improve your art skill isn't a good idea but the knowledge about your software you are using,
and trust me i know what im talking about

Very true! thanks for the advice. Also I am using the latest version of photoshop.
-----
[QUOTE=pakkun106;8629858]focus more on shading. if you learn how to do shading, your heads will be worth around 15K. learn how light reflects from different surfaces. Add glow to the colours and make them more vivid. I am new at this myself. But practicing is the main key here.
here is a texture i am working on. see how I made the eye kinda glow and the shading pops the hole.. don't mind the tendons yet. they are not shaded XD

Looks awesome so far! also thanks for the tips and inspiration
Last edited by CookiezMC; Mar 23, 2016 at 10:23 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

click show