ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribank - Beta Testing
I thought i'd let you in on something I've been working on for the past 12 hours. It's not meant to be a robust solution to all the worlds problems, but more of a proof-of-concept that might result in something "official" later on.

Basically, Toribank is an automated user that takes commands via PMs, and manages funds in accounts that way. Account owners have the ability to add and remove account managers who can also manage funds in the accounts. The main target group of this feature is clans who share resources among them. Currently this is done by a shared account, despite being against the rules. With a bank system it's easier to share TC in a group, plus logging keeps track of who's using up all the TC.

This post/thread will only serve as startup. The most up to date info can be found here: http://toribash.jarmund.net/toribank.txt

As the title says, this system consists of around 600 lines of spagetti-code that i've baked together for the past 12ish hours, so keep that in mind when trying to break it.

From looking at the console right now, i think it's worth mentioning that all commands are to be sent in UPPERCASE... RTFM..

Oh, and this being beta, and all... use at your own risk. If you lose money to the bank, then there's no refund. However, on the flipside, if you manage to find a loophole and gain money, you get to keep it (bug reports appreciated, tho).
Update: Most teething problems should be weeded out now. I would consider it safe for clans to transfer TC over to toribank.
Last edited by Jarmund; Nov 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM.
^^
why should i send tc to a toribank?
i cannot see any benefits from it.

btw if have read all your commands but still no reason for me to join.
Originally Posted by SpaceInvader View Post
^^
why should i send tc to a toribank?
i cannot see any benefits from it.

Shared resources within a clan. Quite common. It'd remove the hateful issue of sharing a bank-account, as it's against the rules.
Yeah, I don't really see the purpose of this.
--------
Oh, it removes the issue of sharing a bank account?
That's more like it.
Last edited by MintCat; Nov 27, 2011 at 03:48 PM.
Trying it out now. Will it send a PM or something of that sort when its done processing a request?

Are you an artist and want to make a decent amount of TC? Check out this thread.
Originally Posted by MegaCash View Post
Trying it out now. Will it send a PM or something of that sort when its done processing a request?

Yes. You get some sort of response for everything that the bot understands. I just set it to a 3 minute cycle, so you should get a response before that. If you don't, you probably misspelled it. Again, commands are in UPPERCASE
Originally Posted by Jarmund View Post
Yes. You get some sort of response for everything that the bot understands. I just set it to a 3 minute cycle, so you should get a response before that. If you don't, you probably misspelled it. Again, commands are in UPPERCASE

hehe yea i know, i just copied from the text to be safe from any misspelling and whatnot

Are you an artist and want to make a decent amount of TC? Check out this thread.
STATUS accountname
and HISTORY of my name are not working.

i have sended 10 tc to toribank and wrote my account name if the additional post.

Originally Posted by toribank
An account named SpaceInvader does not exists.

=(

Nov 27, 2011STATUS SpaceInvader
02:59 PMtoribank

Nov 27, 2011HISTORY SpaceInvader
02:54 PMtoribank

Nov 27, 2011REG SpaceInvader
02:51 PMtoribank

Last edited by SpaceInvader; Nov 27, 2011 at 04:06 PM.
Originally Posted by SpaceInvader View Post
STATUS accountname
and HISTORY of my name are not working.

i have sended 10 tc to toribank and wrote my account name if the additional post.

=(

Try it again. I just fixed an issue with account name case sensitivity.