Ranking
Original Post
4.7 beta 3
install beta1 first, then you can upgrade the exe in this file

https://cache.toribash.com/Toribash-4.7-beta3.zip - 1 MB (windows)

/obj load

"Usage: /obj <load|unload|unloadall|loadfull|help>
/obj load model.obj [playerid bodyid colorid alpha textured dynamic partless ghosted]

example:
/obj load custom/uke/head.obj
/obj load banana.obj 1 2 55 200 1 0 1 1] - loads toribash/banana.obj on player 1 body 2 with colorid 55 and 200 transparency with textured, fixed size, remove original bodypart and ghost the obj.
/obj unloadall - remove all loaded obj
/obj loadfull custom/uke/head.obj - make uke into a xmas tree of objects
3d modeling programs are the ones you need for that.
Blender is a free program you can use to create. I personally use Rhinoceros.
Since you seem at least somewhat into this, do you know if Mudbox or Zbrush works as well?
PM me with any and all questions
Originally Posted by Hattersin View Post
Since you seem at least somewhat into this, do you know if Mudbox or Zbrush works as well?

Yes so long as you can export to obj. If you can't then so long as you can export to something which can be edited by something else which can export it to obj.

Be careful of the poly count though. 30k or so seems to be the limit before mine crashes.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Wow, this is nice!
Man, download doesn't work :c
Hmm, it's .zip, is that why I can't open it? Do I have to change the filename? If so, how?
And yes, I know I need to extract it.
hmm. I am guessing extract it here? l0l
C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tem porary Internet Files\Content.IE5\3EJ6N821\
Or am I supposed to extract to the toribash file?
Last edited by Literary; Jan 20, 2014 at 08:32 PM.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Yes so long as you can export to obj. If you can't then so long as you can export to something which can be edited by something else which can export it to obj.

Be careful of the poly count though. 30k or so seems to be the limit before mine crashes.

Seems to be eating men until it crashes which suggests there is no software limit implemented yet. This could be used to force other clients to crash if thy do not support the poly-count of your toris "item", which if set free with custom items could ruin the game.

I am not that into how .obj files are written, but could toribash extract the poly-count // could the forum before accepting the item being loaded easily?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Items released will be totally tested on low-specs computers to evade that being a problem, or at least minimize that.
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
Seems to be eating men until it crashes which suggests there is no software limit implemented yet. This could be used to force other clients to crash if thy do not support the poly-count of your toris "item", which if set free with custom items could ruin the game.

I am not that into how .obj files are written, but could toribash extract the poly-count // could the forum before accepting the item being loaded easily?

Yup, that could be done. OBJs are just a list of vertexes, face groups, normals, etc. It would be easy to just reject a file based on it's file size or line count (or whatever).
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff