Ranking
Original Post
ToribashNext and ToriCoins
Toribash next is using a new currency called ToriCoin.

ToriCoin will use the distributed http://www.Ethereum.org blockchain platform. It is well suited to safely handle our the currency. It also will allow you to trade them outside Toribash, you fully own your ToriCoins.

In the upcoming weeks we are going to do start selling ToriCoins using a crowdsale. We do this to fund more and quicker development of Toribash Next.

If you want to participate you need to install an Etherum compatible wallet. I recommend http://www.parity.io and get some Ether currency.
1st, my questions on TBnext, then my rambling comments on ur currency debate as i see it (the rite way!!)

q1will toribashnext servers (either nabi ran or community ran) still support old TB versions?
q2will we lose all the community members on slow shitty computers ?
q3will a server release also contain offline lan option (pls pls pls)
q4will a server release open TB up to hackers?

as to the currency debate in here ---- i see that it helps Toribash players, and helps Toribash management.

for the players
-- inshort Hampus is looking to PAY US ALL to play his game, in a directly tradeable, an owned by the player currency. (not many games do that 4 the players)

he is currently hoping to 'crowdfund' thru this onlinecurrency to help him pay for development of TBNEXT (he isnt just making us PAY TO PLAY what we already love to play (again, not many games do that 4 the players)

it makes turning ur Toribash riches into IRL riches much easier for players
-no need to hope n trust when u sell TC for USD (or when u buy it, if u do that nasty process)

for the management --- no dealing with USD directly (claims of scams are far less) --- big win
--- a way to help pay 4 the process of making a cool new TB (that is voluntary)
--- move to NOT directly owning/managing all the servers
Signature Permissions no
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
The use-case we are developing for is to have community run servers. They will be outside nabi's control but still part of the Tori economy.

Well, on these "community ran servers" will we be able to earn ToriCoins on them?

Also, will Toribash servers have VAC protection?(or any type of anti cheat).
Originally Posted by judd666 View Post

q1will toribashnext servers (either nabi ran or community ran) still support old TB versions?
q2will we lose all the community members on slow shitty computers ?

For your first question, I believe toribash next is more like a sequal, made on a different engine so I don't think it'll be compatible with current toribash,

Quote by hampa

For your second question, it is possible that the toribash next will split the already low playerbase due to people only liking current toribash, or computer limitations, and since there won't be enough players in both games, it will end up making players leave in general due to there not being enough players.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Well, on these "community ran servers" will we be able to earn ToriCoins on them?

Also, will Toribash servers have VAC protection?(or any type of anti cheat).

Yes, you will be able to earn and trade ToriCoins on them.

VAC I haven't looked into yet.
Originally Posted by Dare View Post
Will there be dueling in Toribash next where we can duel our toricoins?

Yes, you will be able to do that.
Do I MUST have that program even tho I'm f2p

And it wont be Toribash 5.12 and it will be Toribash Next?
Originally Posted by Goganiukaz View Post
Do I MUST have that program even tho I'm f2p

You only need additional programs if you decide you're going to use the ToriCoins outside of Toribash.
And it wont be Toribash 5.12 and it will be Toribash Next?

There might be a few updates for old Toribash still, though you can bet developer attention will be more focused on Next.

Some updates will affect both Toribash and Toribash Next (e.g. clans), so old Toribash would also receive updates that way.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
You only need additional programs if you decide you're going to use the ToriCoins outside of Toribash.

There might be a few updates for old Toribash still, though you can bet developer attention will be more focused on Next.

Some updates will affect both Toribash and Toribash Next (e.g. clans), so old Toribash would also receive updates that way.

So means Hampa will be focused more on Toribash Next and I don't need that thing so ill be able to use toricredits or toricoins ingame in forums right?
So means Hampa will be focused more on Toribash Next and I don't need that thing so ill be able to use toricredits or toricoins ingame in forums right?

That is exactly what it means
So we all know Toribash for the Wii was the best game created for its time.... Are we gonna get Toribash next on the Nintendo Switch?