Ranking
Original Post
[spirit]
Hey, so Gynx said I could post a thread here. For those that weren't around when we were actually active, we won the first clan league (Demon Force, Blood, and Relax were made for that. The rest of the demon items came after that, to give an idea of how long ago that was.), and we're also responsible for spiritwrestling.

Official members when we were officially killed in the great clan cull:
suomynona
Chozo
Rhaken
Thorn
marcus

To the best of my memory. Our full roster is still available here, with only minor changes (added Thorn to the list posthumously, since we apparently forgot to do that even though it's been in our IRC's topic for months).

[spirit] had an interesting history, and it would be hard to point out a member that didn't make some contribution to the community at some point. So, if anyone wants to hear about ancient history as told by a clan that was primarily active back in 2007, feel free to ask.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
I just love how every one are paying attention on the other legend threads, except you. XD I cri4u

Btw what clan did u face at the final match in the first clan league?
Tyzo: Haunted Memes can't crush Obey's Dreams.
Yay: But RelaxAll can crush Obey's Balls.
all hail these legends we will never forget you
Chab>What a dead game
bgjames1>I like WhiteF719
Me too. I have at least two people in this clan who I look up to. Sadly, I seem to have pissed them both off.
Also what's the story behind spiritwrestling, if there is one? What are your thoughts on sw4?
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Yaysian View Post
I just love how every one are paying attention on the other legend threads, except you. XD I cri4u

Btw what clan did u face at the final match in the first clan league?

To each their own. Apparently we faced Torigod in the finals, I had forgotten that. I mostly remembered playing against bncy, but Mr-Deanster's thread summarizes everything quite well: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=9431

There's a few things that aren't mentioned there, but they're also not super relevant. Sadly, the link to those replays is broken, and I don't think I have a copy around anywhere. However, some of the earlier threads there (pages 5-8 of our board) have some replay collections in .rar still hosted on the forums.

Originally Posted by bgjames1 View Post
all hail these legends we will never forget you

Hey, thanks.

Originally Posted by duck View Post
I wanna hear the story suo, need some good readin

Well, actually, this was back when the last step to a clan becoming official was essentially having a public popularity poll in Clan Discussion. We've since moved away from that system, but it was quite interesting. I think the original thread for that has been lost in time to one of the Clan Discussion refreshes.

Oddly enough, the idea of making a clan was more or less shoved at me by veb, way back when. This naturally involved leaving [Vampiric], stealing something like a third of its members shamelessly, and then becoming official in one of the smoothest polls clan discussion had seen in a while. [Vampiric]'s leader, however, wasn't quite as happy about this though, though we remained in contact while he was still on TB.

Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Me too. I have at least two people in this clan who I look up to. Sadly, I seem to have pissed them both off.
Also what's the story behind spiritwrestling, if there is one? What are your thoughts on sw4?

Ah, spiritwrestling. I seem to recall that I was bored and wanted to do something like I did with Dikarika's server before that. This was back in 2.x, where to host your own server you needed a registered copy of the game (yes, game had registration) and you had to run the server off of your own hardware. I'd like to think that Dikarika's server was one of the more successful private servers, and I was one of the ops on it (having some familiarity with the commands from having done some moderator-y stuff by then, if I'm remembering things right).

However, I found it somewhat fun to design game modes based on weird ideas. The core of spiritwrestling is definitely the selfdamage only option. It probably inherited its turnframes setting from ljf.tbm (league judofrac), though spread out to give a longer game. Throw in circular dojos (which were pretty new at the time, believe it or not), and we had a game mode that was pretty unique compared to everything else I'd played before.

As for sw4, I'll be honest, I don't recall playing it any time recently. Most of the discussion I've heard on spiritwrestling suggests that most of the people I know still prefer swfixed to it, and swfixed is basically original spiritwrestling.

Originally Posted by Marrez View Post
1 sec, let me grab my popcorn

ok go

Heh. Popcorn seems too newschool when I think back on 2007. People say Toribash hasn't changed a lot, but it has. Remember, when I joined, dojos weren't a thing, fracture was a special option for people who had registered the game, half the servers were for people who had registered the games, and the first registration key I saw was in use by something like 5 people.

(I did eventually get a registration key of my own, thank you very much Dikarika!)
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
SW4 is mainly swfixed with ability only to grab hands and elbows! So that leg grab..double grab bug..etc don't work/happen

Anyway, it's a legendary mod in its own right! Always loved the name of this clan..spirit!

Good luck with the thread, looking forward to read more of these stories.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Unfortunately I wasnt around for this clan's greatness. But it looks like it was pretty great.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
It was great, though I was here for the mid and towards the end you guys were still great and marcus hosted some awesome tournaments.