ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[REL] Serenity_EnzuCity (parkour)
Well, i am use to making multi-player maps, but I have seen how many love to play parkour, I really don't like it that much, but, I made a parkour map that uses the idea of rooftops after i watched some parkour videos on youtube. Anyways, I would like some feed-back from it, cause i probably will never play it myself, thanks

* if the images are too small* http://imgur.com/a/gugl8
Attached Images
1.jpg (55.4 KB, 88 views)
2.jpg (52.6 KB, 57 views)
3.jpg (65.7 KB, 42 views)
4.jpg (67.3 KB, 51 views)
Attached Files
Serenity_EnzuCity.tbm (31.3 KB, 46 views)
Good Renders Everyone's Emotional Doom.
"Come with me, and let's watch the world burn together"
Looks okay, the colors are extremely bland(yes it's a city env but there are ways to combat this, color variation being the primary) and the setup doesn't look much fun to play. It's basically a refined version of a couple of boxes, not very fun to run around in and not very exciting to look at.

Also I'd stay away from using triggers when making realism mods as players won't expect it. There is nothing worse than being 1500 frames into a multiplayer replay and finding out touching the ground ends the match instantly, destroying several hours of work.

Overall not terrible for someone who doesn't do realism mods or replays, the problem is that it looks and feels boring
That was by far the best feed-back i have ever gotten thank you for that, i agree with everything you say, except for the triggers part, yes, when they are placed in places that are easy to trigger that is bull, but when you think of it as, you fell, but you didn't lose, and you gotta watch the other play, the trigger doesn't sound so bad then. But thanks for feed-back again, it was what i have been waiting to hear.....the truth in detail but I mostly made this one simply, cause serenity has a spar mod, so i need to say "parkour" mod as well *now lets hope i get more feed-back like yours, and that will make me very happy for future mods*
not a bad mod for your first pk mod, I tried it out and it works well. I agree with jisse, the mod is very bland, not many colour variation, and I don't feel like i'd see these colours very often irl. ( but hey, I live in a different place right? so you might see these colours everyday.)

the mod itself isn't bad, but I like to have a specific goal when running, especially across rooftops. this feels more like something i'd trick on, as there isn't a legitimate goal I can figure out. try making something that goes more in a straight line (not literally, but in the general direction) and you might get some more positive feedback. also try out more colour variation, with brick like reds, and brown roofs, and maybe whit walls or smthng like that. I like the obstacles, but for a compact mod, you've placed a little too many. maybe one or two less would be nice, and switch it up a bit, instead of doing all air vents, maybe a tic tac, or ledges you have to roll or duck or slide under. just a little bit of variety would be nice

for a first pk mod, not great, but better than most first pk mods! I hope to see future mods like this from you in the future
hi i'm karbn and i eat ass; love the market overlord
and more awesome feed back, thanks karban I am a wushu guy, so the -30.00 gravity and 10 frames per move...it's like working against myself, i doubt you will see anymore parkour mods from me, but I would love to have more people like you guys helping me out along the way
Originally Posted by Bavaros View Post
That was by far the best feed-back i have ever gotten thank you for that, i agree with everything you say, except for the triggers part, yes, when they are placed in places that are easy to trigger that is bull, but when you think of it as, you fell, but you didn't lose, and you gotta watch the other play, the trigger doesn't sound so bad then. But thanks for feed-back again, it was what i have been waiting to hear.....the truth in detail but I mostly made this one simply, cause serenity has a spar mod, so i need to say "parkour" mod as well *now lets hope i get more feed-back like yours, and that will make me very happy for future mods*

It's good to see you take critizism to heart

About the trigger system; I don't know how familiar you are with multiplayer realism but when creating a parkour or sparring replay with someone else you usually communicate a lot. If one player fucks up, you usually restart or keep trying. You would never leave a player lying still on the ground. My point being, the trigger system doesn't provide anything possible at all because players are able to restart on their own, they don't need a robot to surprise them with an instant loss
thanks jisse, yeah i am not at all a spar or parkour player, i am use to mods that when you hit the ground you lose, but i will keep that in mind if i ever do decide to make a mod like this in the future.
-----
thanks hellhood, i am glad you like it, and maybe next time i will be able to make one better....I can only get better right
Last edited by Bavaros; Feb 6, 2017 at 10:04 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
wassup
Hey Bavaros! good to see ya again! I'm gonna download this for sure since I'm still trying to get parkour down. It'll help alot! Thx :P
glad you liked it spirit