Ranking
Original Post
Human's function on Earth
Hello community,

Today I had a mindblow in the geography class of the university. Can't explain every detail that the professor explained, but I got the most interesting thing she said. I'll begin with something essential to understand the central topic.

The Earth, has a quite complicate system that consist on dynamics processes of exchanges, based on three elements: energy, matter and information. Each component has a function and the other ones like: Atmosphere, Lithosphere, Hydrosphere, Biosphere, etc. makes some exchanges through each one. If some of them doesn't works or gets eliminated, the system will not survive. That's how all can work.

The thing is, all the Earth has her own system in which everything that it's in her, makes part of the ecosystem. Plants, rocks, grounds, water, animals, insects, etc. Each of them needs each others components.

An example of how the ecosystem makes the balance of himself:
In some report that I can't remember which one was, but still the story doesn't seems to be far from reality, somewhere there was a moment in which was permitted the hunting of wolfs because of the "decrease" of deers caused by the wolfs. Was thought that with this plan, will restore the amount of deers in that place. But really happens the opposite; they decreased even more. And when the people searched better why that happened, they found that the wolfs kills to the most weak or sick deers, so that could makes a balance on the survival of the specie.

So, now that you've read the above, you can have an idea of how well the Earth is made. But as you can see, the humans aren't involved there. Until now, there's no evidence that the humans beings are part of the homeostasis(balance) of the ecosystem. That means, if there aren't humans, the Earth will keep going (and probably will improve and fix the damage caused by us.)

That's what I've got from the class today. I haven't done researches about this, to see if it's a real fact. But as far as I got knowledge of this kind of things, seems pretty true and impressive. Like, really, what naturally and biologically we can do for the ecosystem? We born with the mind in blank, there's no instinct really relevant that can help the Earth, like all the animals have.

When I went to this point, I remembered some theories that says, we came from another planet. Well, obviously I'm not saying now that this is true but, if the argument that there's no evidence that the human beings are part in the System of planet Earth, is true, then it's a plus point for those theories.

I would love to know what do you guys think about this. If anyone has some good information from a good source, would be perfect.
Your geography teacher is pretty wise

If anything human beings are a virus to the health of planet earth

However, this is an article I read that suggests carbon emissions is preventing a new ice age, interesting stuff

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...k-ice-age.html
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin
People serve no real purpose;we are an accident a lake with conciousness would be more useful then a person.

We are contingent beings in relevance to the planet.

Originally Posted by d3noth View Post
However, this is an article I read that suggests carbon emissions is preventing a new ice age, interesting stuff

Yes, except ice ages are a part of the cycle. Even though ice ages kill of species sometimes, it balances everything out. Whatnot with planetery rotation and stuff
Last edited by Dscigs; Jan 27, 2015 at 02:02 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
The wolves you are talking about is true, happened in yellowstone park. They introduced wolves and it brought balance to the environment. I can't link stuff on my phone but you can google or youtube it.
someone made a really cool documentary about it.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Like Dscigs said, we don't have a meaning of being here we just are.
To have a purpose of being made you would have to somewhat benefit or aid your creator so unless the big bang was some huge sentient ball of gas that is secretly a Terraforming being we don't really have a purpose of being made or being on Earth.

Us not being here would aid the world so much, everything has formed a balance and if it didn't then sooner or later it would fix itself. Take a food chain for instance, if an animal goes extinct due to being eaten a lot then it would drop population of the predator that caused this and would slowly balance itself out to the point where there would be predators but nothing to eat.

Tl;dr: We're all 35 year olds living in mother natures basement and we should all pack our shit and leave.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Originally Posted by d3noth View Post
Your geography teacher is pretty wise

If anything human beings are a virus to the health of planet earth

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...k-ice-age.html

Interesting. But all I can say about it is that the amount of carbon dioxide we exhale can't be a relevant impact to the Earth, with or without it, the same.

Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
People serve no real purpose;we are an accident a lake with conciousness would be more useful then a person.

We are contingent beings in relevance to the planet.

I was thinking about that for awhile. But, that's like "too lazy for a research". A lot of people have done very important discoveries to the understanding of this kind of mystery. This probably might be like all that unexplainable things we wondered before, can be found a lot more things.

Originally Posted by xlr84life View Post
The wolves you are talking about is true, happened in yellowstone park. They introduced wolves and it brought balance to the environment. I can't link stuff on my phone but you can google or youtube it.
someone made a really cool documentary about it.

Oh, yes I've found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHGXXa7CfXs

Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Like Dscigs said, we don't have a meaning of being here we just are.
To have a purpose of being made you would have to somewhat benefit or aid your creator so unless the big bang was some huge sentient ball of gas that is secretly a Terraforming being we don't really have a purpose of being made or being on Earth.

Us not being here would aid the world so much, everything has formed a balance and if it didn't then sooner or later it would fix itself. Take a food chain for instance, if an animal goes extinct due to being eaten a lot then it would drop population of the predator that caused this and would slowly balance itself out to the point where there would be predators but nothing to eat.

Tl;dr: We're all 35 year olds living in mother natures basement and we should all pack our shit and leave.

True. But a point I was talking about too, was the possibility to belong from another planet, a place where we really are "useful". Because as far as we know, everything on this planet has a function for the system of the Earth. The reason why we exist is another story.
Last edited by Jodus; Jan 27, 2015 at 02:37 AM.
Originally Posted by Jodus View Post
The Earth, has a quite complicate system that consist on dynamics processes of exchanges, based on three elements: energy, matter and information. Each component has a function and the other ones like: Atmosphere, Lithosphere, Hydrosphere, Biosphere, etc. makes some exchanges through each one. If some of them doesn't works or gets eliminated, the system will not survive. That's how all can work.

The thing is, all the Earth has her own system in which everything that it's in her, makes part of the ecosystem. Plants, rocks, grounds, water, animals, insects, etc. Each of them needs each others components.

This all assumes that there is an "ideal" condition for the ecosystem. There is not. I could just as easily argue that the fact that an untold number of species have gone extinct is evidence that everything is broken.

When I went to this point, I remembered some theories that says, we came from another planet. Well, obviously I'm not saying now that this is true but, if the argument that there's no evidence that the human beings are part in the System of planet Earth, is true, then it's a plus point for those theories.

What, beyond all the evidence that we share a common ancestor with every other lifeform on earth?

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
I was thinking about that for awhile. But, that's like "too lazy for a research". A lot of people have done very important discoveries to the understanding of this kind of mystery. This probably might be like all that unexplainable things we wondered before, can be found a lot more things

The discoveries are only relevant and helpful to our own existence. In terms of actual harmony with the planet, we serve no purpose other then destruction which is no real purpose.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
The discoveries are only relevant and helpful to our own existence. In terms of actual harmony with the planet, we serve no purpose other then destruction which is no real purpose.

But. The question is, is that destruction also what keeps the circle flowing? No. We're not relevant to the circle in any way, we do much more harm than good, or, that's my ideology. But. At the same time, any other species wouldn't have done anymore than we would've done, in theory, we've accomplished more as a species than any other species. We've progressed forward, but in that process, we've killed many things. (I know this is a unorganized rant, but ranting is what I'm good at).
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
This all assumes that there is an "ideal" condition for the ecosystem. There is not. I could just as easily argue that the fact that an untold number of species have gone extinct is evidence that everything is broken.

I can't see where it says that it's the ideal condition. That information taken from the class and from a book "Geografía General", explains the researches that are made on the ambit of the geography. Just that.
And how could you know that there's no ideal condition for the ecosystem?
Also, what do you mean exactly with everything is broken?

Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
What, beyond all the evidence that we share a common ancestor with every other lifeform on earth?

True, there's a lot evidence about that. That's one of the things that brakes the theories about our another provenance. And by that, we might simply say that we're the mistake of the nature.

All that is true. That's the reason of all this researches about our separation with the nature. Why? Can we be able to live without alter the ecosystem (like don't kill some animals till they are extincted.)?