20 Votes / 23.81%
...Or Linkin Park?
42 Votes / 50.00%
....SHARK?
13 Votes / 15.48%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Derailed thread has been derailed.

Alright, I actually like Nickleback and Linkin Park, well I don't know how much I would now if I hadn't listened to them like 3 years ago. Linkin Park is good for me because they have nice songs with a certain style that I like, afraid I can't identify it. Nickleback is cool because they again, have a different style, one that I like. The vocals may sound a bit "over-done" but the instrumentals make it up for me. As said by Drummer and some other guys, the drumming is nice. Keep in mind this is coming from a non-musical perspective and just that of a listener.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Trust my bro to be all intelligent and stuff. He's 14, guys.
Follow his example :>
infamous
Originally Posted by phail View Post
Derailed thread has been derailed.

Alright, I actually like Nickleback and Linkin Park, well I don't know how much I would now if I hadn't listened to them like 3 years ago. Linkin Park is good for me because they have nice songs with a certain style that I like, afraid I can't identify it. Nickleback is cool because they again, have a different style, one that I like. The vocals may sound a bit "over-done" but the instrumentals make it up for me. As said by Drummer and some other guys, the drumming is nice. Keep in mind this is coming from a non-musical perspective and just that of a listener.

Linkin Park has a unique style, that of which I find more unique than Nickelback's, but still, NB's is unique nonetheless.

Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
Doesn't matter. You got my point.

Woohoo! Let's all celebrate yet another useless 80's hair metal band!

Your point is false "one of them has a microphone". If you're going to insult a band, at least do some research on the basics on that band before saying anything.

Woohoo! Get on topic!
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
Linkin Park has a unique style, that of which I find more unique than Nickelback's, but still, NB's is unique nonetheless.

Your point is false "one of them has a microphone". If you're going to insult a band, at least do some research on the basics on that band before saying anything.

Woohoo! Get on topic!

Woohoo! Let's over-analyze an off-hand comment rather than understand the obvious implied meaning!

Secondly, there are no degrees of uniqueness. One thing can be either unique or not unique, but there is nothing beyond that or in between.
Last edited by SporeCc; May 21, 2009 at 04:29 AM.
Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
Woohoo! Let's over-analyze an off-hand comment rather than understand the obvious implied meaning!

Secondly, there are no degrees of uniqueness. One thing can be either unique or not unique, but there is nothing beyond that or in between.

Just stay on topic. Nobody cares.

I was just implying that I find one more original than the other. There aren't many other bands out there who sound like Linkin Park.

Originally Posted by XinTek View Post
Led Zeppelin

deep purple.

Get out. Those two bands have nothing to with this thread.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
Just stay on topic. Nobody cares.

I was just implying that I find one more original than the other. There aren't many other bands out there who sound like Linkin Park.

Ach. This will be my last post here.

It is impossible to say that one thing is "more original" than another. Something can either be original or not original. There is no middle ground. That's just the way it is.

You can state that you find Linkin Park different from other bands, but that doesn't mean they are more unique than anything else. It just means that they are unique.

Get it?

Umm, one of them doesn't have a microphone?

Get out. Those two bands have nothing to with this thread.

Stop acting like you own the place, It's not your thread, so get over it.
"Let's make fun of someone to make myself look cool!"
He's just saying that he thinks those bands are better than the ones in this poll, the same way you suggest better bands than the ones on topic in most other threads.
HEy
Okay, next posts not even related to the matter at hands will be infracted, not even warned.
This is not a debate about originality, uniqueness. This is a thread in which you state your preferences.

Take this post as the warning.
Originally Posted by Puffbunny View Post
Umm, one of them doesn't have a microphone?

Start READING next time. 3 of them have a microphone, not just one.

Stop acting like you own the place, It's not your thread, so get over it.
"Let's make fun of someone to make myself look cool!"
He's just saying that he thinks those bands are better than the ones in this poll, the same way you suggest better bands than the ones on topic in most other threads.

How was I acting like I own the place? And how was I making fun of him? I wasn't making fun of him at all, but I wouldn't ever count on you to understand the difference. This thread is supposed to be subjected to 3 bands, not others. Besides, it was a stupid post. You need get over yourself, get on topic, and stop acting like a security guard.

I just heard a new Linkin Park song on the radio today. Said it was off of the new Transformers movie. It was a little too much pop-rock for my taste. Hopefully they will start making more heavier tracks from here on out..it just seems that they have made a huge change in the sound, which is fine to change your sound a little bit, but a little too drastic. The only thing I liked about it was that there was no screaming in it.