Ranking
Original Post
[rb] Who is Who :: Nirs
Hello folks!
Today I'll be a substitute for uFantom (who's kinda busy with his work stuff).
And this issue of Who is Who is dedicated to a Russian guy who is known (or at least was) all round the toricommunity - Nirs!

General information:
  • Registration date: Jan 15, 2008
  • Belt: Custom Belt
  • Ex-Promoteam member, Ex-PT Lead, Ex-Supermoderator, Ex-Administrator
  • Rukeepers founder
  • Likes eighth-form girls

Interview:

Interview

Last edited by sir; May 11, 2013 at 04:17 AM.
Much respect Nirs, keeping it real. Haven't seen you in a long time.

Nice interview, I wish we knew more
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Toribash has no future? Imo, this game has progressed alot since 2008
But still, wish and hope Nirs comes back to stay
X|Twitter: @YRBWrld |-| FB: @YRBWrldFP
Discord: Discord Me
Lol, there has been close to no progress the last 5 years. Wasn't around before that, so I don't know if it had progress back then.

There has just been added some features, that's most of it.
I sell TC and I give loans. PM me for info.
Need help with market? PM Ryan
<augans> youre my thiggist
<Muze> Id like to say, I don't apologize, I'm a tough guy in irl and I will be a tough guy in a video game. Ok that's it.

Nirs: There's no faith in this game anymore. I cannot ignore tons of drawbacks which Hampa doesn't care about. Damn, we believed in Toribash so much - it had all the chances to become a cybersport discipline, become popular and universally recognizable, but as a result even 4.0 looks like a quickie. Toribash has no future.

lol
Well, Toribash...
I've played this game since I was ten.
If this game sinks under the surface and drowns, I would not
hesitate to donate all my money.
Toribash is the one of the most original games I've ever played,
I love it because you only need skill to play it.
Imo it's not exactly close to dying, the problem
is that not many people know about it.
Over 100 people are on per day.
I think we can do better than that.
I've recruited some of my friends from school
to play this, but we really only need
people to advertise the game.
Its a pity the interview was more about things that were around when nirs was around, and less about nirs himself
didnt like the tone of the interview, it was all about what went wrong, his last bash on toribash, which i agree with some points(especially in terms of the potential for being a competative e-sport type game), but shouldnt be what the interview was about.

completely grazed over some of the awesome things about him and things he did and was in, as a user, rather than a staff member.
during his time, he was more well known for being a premier player and awesome member of the russian community, than being involved in promo team and staff runnings.
completely grazed over his relationship with the russian community, only focussing on his involvement with the rukeepers. I always felt his involvement and dedication to the russian community was both his strongest and weekest attribute, making the russian community strong as an ox, but ignoring and segregating them completely from the greater toribash community. I can only imagine what he would have done with the general community, had he been more involved here.(i understand he had creative differences with hampa, veb and the staff members, but still)
which is something i like about this idea, you guys posting these interviews here makes you more involved with the general community, it should be a positive experience, not a rage thread.

and people forget about this:

find more video gems here:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=404505

highly disappointed with this, totally the wrong direction to go in, for your second installment of a new community event type thing.
all the comments sofar in this thread have been on how toribash has no future, this is not a community enhancer, nor a promotion for the game.
Last edited by BenDover; May 6, 2013 at 01:01 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
highly disappointed with this, totally the wrong direction to go in, for your second installment of a new community event type thing.
all the comments sofar in this thread have been on how toribash has no future, this is not a community enhancer, nor a promotion for the game.

I agree with this wholly. Nirs seems to have a negative outlook on this game nowadays, and knowing his standing in the community back then, those words he said in that interview made an impact.

Still, it was a nice read.
Last edited by sprytryne; May 6, 2013 at 01:21 AM.
"I cannot ignore tons of drawbacks which Hampa doesn't care about."

Please let me know so I can fix them.