Ranking
An hour per run through on each char, and 1 leveled all the way to 13 (wizard).

All in all the new skill system is not very fun, no choices to make while building really, and there is no skill leveling. I found it annoying that it doesn't say how much damage my skills deal and how much the effects really are, theory crafting is going to be very hard. Art style is disappointing at best. Feels very slow paced and not as many monsters as they said, I was expecting a constant slog not 20 mobs separated by a minute of walking. Each fight is distinct with no overlap to other fights, unlike D2's constant slog. Non-standard builds appear to be impossible.

All in all it feels like a game targeted 100% at casuals.
tried the beta, as frustrating as the connection issues were, the game was alright
never enjoyed D2, or any of those kinds of games, titans quest, wow, torchlight etc
enjoyed skyrim but felt it was limited, i never felt pushed to get to the level cap and become the ultimate fighter etc. i get that a little more with this, but enjoyability was less.

does seem quite limited though, there is one way/there are few ways to play each character.
and it felt easy, dragon age 1 had me paused every 2 seconds to assess the situation, but this i rambo'd through barely taking a hit, took on leoric and made him my bitch, even with a friend playing with me to up the difficulty and loot.

I agree with kumi, does feel very casual, but maybe thats what im looking for in this game now, i dont particurly feel like slogging through a game
felt like skyrim meets an easier dragon age
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
You can raise the difficulty but just not in the beta. Also the reason you feel so limited is because its just a small beta and I think there will be enough abilities, spells and runes to satisfy my needs.
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
Also the reason you feel so limited is because its just a small beta and I think there will be enough abilities, spells and runes to satisfy my needs.

Path Of Exile.
I've been hearing a lot of different opinions about the beta, the greater part being positive. However, I noticed that the players who gave generally positive reviews were usually new to the Diablo series and unexperienced with the 'Diablo 2 feeling'. Apparently Blizzard is trying to attract new players at the cost of the feeling of the original games and its respective fans. Regardless of how low and even treacherous this may be, I'm still warm for the game. Maybe they won't be able to preserve that idiosyncratic Diablo style, but I'm sure they've made a great game and Diablo III will just be a new experience for all of us.
honestly am in love with this, and that's just the first act on normal difficulity part 1 iirc. don't mind that they are going for a casual feeling with this and yes i've played diablo 1 & still do play two.
I hate how they definitely threw away every part of the meta-game and every part of character development and strategy. There is not even such thing as a build any more is there? Since you can change your skills in 10 seconds.

No skill building, no stat building, no character development - oh wait there is a bit (in the same way that a rails shooter is an open world game).

That is the part that pisses me off most. Even something as basic as "curse necro" or "summoner necro" can't exist in D3, because everyone gets given the same skill build. And things like "pure int sorc" or "melee amazon" are impossible because stats are automatically assigned.

0 customization, 0 creativity...
Im telling you guys its just the beta and when your done with the beta you have about a twentieth of abilities unlocked. Im sure the full game will change your minds.
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
Im telling you guys its just the beta and when your done with the beta you have about a twentieth of abilities unlocked. Im sure the full game will change your minds.

This Beta is the full game as far as gameplay is concerned ( not storyline and acts). Beta is NOW more of a stress test on the servers and to find a few more bugs before the release.
If your complaining about customization go into the options and turn on elective mode. You can bind any skill to any of 1-2-3-4-5-mousebuttons. I'm a little mad that you can only have 7 spells. Buuuuuuuut its only the beta and I'm assuming it'll get changed.

OH YEAH.
And the fact that your weapon is useless is kinda stupid if you ask me.
piss