Toribash
Originally Posted by william405 View Post
Reddevil:Has really summed up my ideas.I would add that it was stupid from mardonna not to call up also Zanetti,the dude is so good,look at his hair ^^.I hate spain but they have a dream team.

Yeaaaaaah! Forgot Zanetti! He's the captain of the national team, for Christ's sake, and still one of the best, if not the best, left defenders around.
What about Kaka? He is one of the best players of Brazil.
OSHI | [black] | GATA
My deviantART
Reading this thread made me lol. It seems like most of you have no idea about football.

I'll start with Argentina - As highly as I rate Messi, he just doesn't turn up in the big games. He was non-existent against Inter, and again against Chelsea last year. Their Midfield (without Cambiasso) is distinctly average. Mascherano is decent, but others such as Rodriguez and Gutierrez just aren't up to standard. Their defence (without Zanetti) might even be weaker than the midfield. The choices for keeper are laughable. Having a coach that knows nothing about team spirit and motivation, and who has almost killed himself through drug abuse twice will not help either.

England: Even though I am English, I still give us no chance of getting past the first knock-out rounds. We lack a quality keeper and Capello has decided to pick a squad of untested or injured players. Barry, Rooney, A. Cole, Terry, Ferdinand and King are all currently injured or trying to recover. If they do get fit in time, they certainly won't be on top form. Capello will also insist on playing Lampard and Gerrard along side each other in midfield. This has never worked and it never will.

France: Pretty solid defence but lacking an anchorman in Midfield. Vieira would have been perfect for this role, but Domenech decided that he knows best. I also think that leaving out Benzema and Nasri is a big mistake. I still think they have a decent chance as they have plenty of options going forward with Henry, Ribery, Malouda, Anelka and Ben Arfa.

Brazil: Always a bit of a conundrum. They have quality in every area of the pitch. With the likes of Alves, Lucio and Alex in defence they won't be letting teams in very often, and with Cesar between the posts anyone who does get through will find it tough to actually score. The midfield is second only to Spain, but will very much depend on the form of the talismanic Kaka. Their strike force all hinges around Robinho. He had a terrible season with Man City but seems to have found some form again with Santos. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up against serious oppositions. I think Dunga was right to leave out Ronaldinho, he has not played well in a very long time and has a tendency to act like a spoilt brat, annoying all the people around him.

Italy and Germany: Weakest National teams I have seen these two produce in a very long time. Can't even be bothered to go into details.

Spain: Not much needs to be said about them. Clear favourites as far as I am concerned.
Originally Posted by Gwie View Post
Spain: I totally concur with you. This team is, for my mind, going to play the finals with Brazil. And I like this country because it's players are awesome, although their names are not that famous.

wat? Casillas, Reina, Valdés, Albiol, Arbeloa, Capdevila, Marchena, Piqué, Puyol, Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Marcos Senna, David Silva, Torres and Villa aren't famous? I could even go as far as Cazorla, Navas, Mata, Martínez, Llorente, Negredo, Guiza and say they're mildly famous (which they are to the football fan).

(btw I just named some of the 30 players that have a shot at going with Spain to the WC2010)

Originally Posted by xNiLL View Post
What about Kaka? He is one of the best players of Brazil.

Yeah, he is, far from me to say he's not. He's been slightly off form lately, though.

Originally Posted by rafufu View Post
*insert analysis*

I can agree with everything on there, to be honest. And if I don't I clearly see your point anyway.

Also, to everyone mentioning Ronaldo (the fat one), he's been on form lately for Corinthians, but I doubt he'd get the nod over Pato and even Adriano.
Last edited by RedDevil; May 13, 2010 at 07:58 PM.
I dont think Italy will win this time too, as reDdevil said lippi made some huge mistakes :
He forgot cassano,miccoli or balotelli,great players this last part of season.
Even i am fan of juventus i think there are too many juventus players : 5
Team is getting old :3.

Spain will surely win.
Obviously rooting for Germany.

Btw, whats all that "weakest team in a long time " talk all about ?

There are many less known people in there since most of our players keep playing in the german league, many of them playing for munich...which is playing the CL final soon >_>

The only thing really bothering me about our recent team is that Kevin Kuranyi isnt in it due to a fuck up he had years ago. Really smart not to take this years german top scorer to the world cup :/
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Also, to everyone mentioning Ronaldo (the fat one), he's been on form lately for Corinthians, but I doubt he'd get the nod over Pato and even Adriano.

He's old and fat with a dodgy knee that could go any second. No way will they play him
Originally Posted by Rutz View Post
Obviously rooting for Germany.

Btw, whats all that "weakest team in a long time " talk all about ?

There are many less known people in there since most of our players keep playing in the german league, many of them playing for munich...which is playing the CL final soon >_>

The only thing really bothering me about our recent team is that Kevin Kuranyi isnt in it due to a fuck up he had years ago. Really smart not to take this years german top scorer to the world cup :/

Yeah... Joachim Low has a grudge with him. Shame, really, I'd really want him to go... still, you've got a great forward in Cacau (I think he's scored 2 today against Malta in his debut for the 3-0 win). Still, I think Germany have been MUCH MUCH better than they are nowadays. Fair point about Bayern, though, and no doubt they're (Germany) still contenders.

Originally Posted by rafufu View Post
He's old and fat with a dodgy knee that could go any second. No way will they play him

Yeah.
Last edited by RedDevil; May 13, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
Yeah... Joachim Low has a grudge with him. Shame, really, I'd really want him to go... still, you've got a great forward in Cacau (I think he's scored 2 today against Malta in his debut for the 3-0 win). Still, I think Germany have been MUCH MUCH better than they are nowadays. Fair point about Bayern, though, and no doubt they're (Germany) still contenders.

Neuer is good but too young and inexperienced. Lahm and Mertesacker are not as good as they once were. The rest of the defenders in the squad are very much unknown quantities. Ballack is way way past his prime. Having watched him play plenty of times for Chelsea this season, I can say that he is the most lazy centre mid in history. I can count on 1 hand the number of times he leaves the centre circle during a game. He just doesn't have the impact he used to bring. Schweinsteiger is quality but I fear he will be singled out for man marking by the opposition. The German strikeforce is lacking as well. Cacau, Klose and Podolski can do it in the Bundesliga, but I don't think they will cope with the massive step up in difficulty.

On a side note: Apart from a good win against Man U, Bayern have had the easiest run to the final I have ever seen.
wat? Casillas, Reina, Valdés, Albiol, Arbeloa, Capdevila, Marchena, Piqué, Puyol, Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Marcos Senna, David Silva, Torres and Villa aren't famous? I could even go as far as Cazorla, Navas, Mata, Martínez, Llorente, Negredo, Guiza and say they're mildly famous (which they are to the football fan).

(btw I just named some of the 30 players that have a shot at going with Spain to the WC2010)

Well, I actually wanted to mean that they're not as famous as other players are but they play fucking awesome. I mean, they're just humble and aren't bad criticised by TV interviewers.
My english isn't that good, so I can't really explain what I think. :P
asdasd