Ranking
Original Post
Rift
Yo dawgs, I'm here to bring you the lay down on my game "Rift".

First off, yes this game has a monthly sub, and you have to purchase it. If you can afford it, it's a great game. But onto the info

In my own words...
Rift is basically a WoW clone, but it's also everything WoW wants to be.
What could I possibly mean by this?
Well, you'll notice the similarities in WoW:

The "Soul system" (Read: talent trees)
The gameplay
The classes, to an extent.
2 different factions
etc.

Hint for the next section: Soul = talent tree

However, everything is a lot more detailed.
The talent system, you get 3 different trees. However, you get to pick from a wide extent. Instead of each Warrior in the game having 3 different souls, you can pick from 8 souls.
Like for example, a Paladin in WoW would be Retribution/Protection/Holy. This never changes. A warrior in Rift could be any of the following:

Void Knight
Paladin
Beast Hunter
Reaver
Warlord
Paragon
Riftblade
Champion
Along with each class having it's own PvP tree

The graphics are really good.
Also the dungeons are a lot more challenging than WoW. Im a decently geared tank for my level and I get stomped in my current level instances. There was this one instance in my 20s that took me about 8 different groups to reach the end boss (which ironically enough was the easiest)

However, the best part is this:
The "rift" system. Where random portals in the sky appear and you could join a raid group to take it down, giving you very powerful rewards.

The rifts can also actually destroy the landscape (it respawns later though >.>)

Anyways, I'm not very good at explaining the game. If you want to find out more, go look it up for yourself. I'm pretty sure there's a 7 day trial if you wanna try it out.

P.S. if you were to ask me which is better, this or WoW, I'd say Rift is. (But I haven't reached the endgame content yet)

Video game stream

Pictures of the Rift function:

A "Tear" in the landscape that you can turn into a rift

Once you create a rift, here's what it looks like, in this case it's a nature rift. So far I've seen Earth, death, life, and fire rifts. There might be more:

There are 2 different types of rifts, major and minor. Each type has 5 stages, 1, 2, 3, Bonus stage 1, and Bonus stage 2. You only reach the Bonus stage 1 if you beat stage 3 in a certain amount of time, and you only reach Bonus stage 2 if you beat #1 in a certain amount of time. Stage 3 and Bonus stage 2 are both boss fights.

Of course, the further you get in the rift, the better the rewards. If you do rifts, invasions, etc. and you contribute a good amount, you can get access to VERY good loot.
Here's me doing the Bonus stage 2 of a minor rift with a PuG (Major rifts normally take a raid group to finish the bonus stages on time):

Originally Posted by Lume View Post
Got really into the beta and was considering playing it until I heard that I had to pay per month. Great game, I just simply can't afford the monthly payments right now and/or have more important things I'd like to spend it on.

Originally Posted by kille142 View Post
Lol same i was on the beta tried to game etc...
When i heard it was a P2P i stopped playing..
Well this game was fun.I think its better then wow :l.

Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
I'm getting it.
WoW, to actually be able to do anything nowadays you have to buy every single expansion pack and not even get any game time by buying the games. I'm not paying 60$ more just for 15 levels.
Rift, currently you only need to buy the one game (35$ on amazon) plus the monthly payment.

Last edited by 2worlds; Jun 4, 2011 at 06:53 AM.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
isn't rift also available for consoles?
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
No... How do you activate all of those abilities with a controller?
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Originally Posted by sid View Post
isn't rift also available for consoles?

Nope.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Gonna add a link to a stream where I Play a good bit of rift and add some pictures of the rift function
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Got really into the beta and was considering playing it until I heard that I had to pay per month. Great game, I just simply can't afford the monthly payments right now and/or have more important things I'd like to spend it on.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post

Lol same i was on the beta tried to game etc...
When i heard it was a P2P i stopped playing..
Well this game was fun.I think its better then wow :l.
I'm getting it.
WoW, to actually be able to do anything nowadays you have to buy every single expansion pack and not even get any game time by buying the games. I'm not paying 60$ more just for 15 levels.
Rift, currently you only need to buy the one game (35$ on amazon) plus the monthly payment.