Ranking
Original Post
Item of the month
Maybe something to get people buying from the torishop more frequently?
Every month have an item or group of items half price for a limited time during the month, no set time comepletly random each month but chosen by msquad or something.

The item(s) could be a colour such as static and all static items would cost half the price is the torishop ( or maybe 10% off or 75% off doesn't really matter)

The amount taken off of the item(s) would be different for different items, so more expensive items would have a bigger drop in price but for a shorter period of time than cheaper items.( e.g azurite compaired to shaman).

As for items that require paypal maybe when/if they get a chance to be the item(s) of the month they will be converted to their original tc price before their update (e.g icon turning back to 300k for its time as item of the month).

A message can be globalised ingame saying what the item(s) is this month as well as how long it will last and for the website maybe a message at the top of the forums (like when people were being warned about scammers etc).

During holidays or special occasions, such as halloween, christmass etc.., their could be extra bonuses for items that relate to the occasion, such as red and green coloured items cost less on christmass or snowman becomes avalable for purchase with tc (pumpking for halloween and black/dark coloured + yellow items for that).

I think it would be nice to give people the option to buy items from the shop, rather than from other players, for prices that other players would sell them for. This would also give people a chance to buy items that nobody is currently selling from the torishop without having to pay more than it's worth (in the minds of the community anyway).

I'll be honest I was thinking of borderlands "item of the day" idea when I thought of this so it may not adapt well to this game, but I thought I might as well post it here and see anyone's opinions on the idea.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Wonderful idea I think this would also get some of the newer people to get a better deal on things they usually couldnt afford.

Squigly Line, Supported~_>
pacquiao
no, no, I don't like this.
Example:

>Ground Texture (item of the month): 10,000tc (really good price)
>40 people buy it at that price
>back to normal price after a month
>people who bought it want to make a quick profit
>They all put it on the market at 12k, 13k, 14k (usually sells for ~18k)
>now 40 more ground textures on the market
>people in the items section now must buy it at 9k, 10k, 11k in order to sell it on market for profit
>devalues ground texture item tremendously

yes, sinking the tc will make the toricredit more valuable, but the system would devalue the items, one at a time.

maybe my whole theory is wrong, I don't know. seems logical though.
Your pal,
crith
The items being sold would have a a time limit on them and a fixed number for sale depending on the item (this is posted in my explaination, first post). This may solve the problem you're talking about, though I doubt this will change the price of items, people will still buy for the same price as they always did. Those 40 as you say, though I doubt there will be this amount for the item(s) of the month, would have just bought the items for that price and will more than likely just sell them for the normal price, if they wanted to. That being said I meant for this system to be used for those that actually want to keep the item rather than them being sold off.

I actually missed you saying they want to make a quick profit. Well this could be done and it very might well be done but I doubt everyone that bought the item would look for a quick profit rather than waiting a few minutes for a profit much bigger. And even if they did get this profit this will not change anything, those why buy it will just sell for the normal price as they always do resulting in no change.

Didn't bother looking over this so you can tell me if something confuses you/ doesn't make sense.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
I like the thought of this, but this in no way helps the over inflation the market has that the Market Squad is trying to fix. If they lower the price, forsay 10k. 5 people buy the item in time for that 'sweet deal', that makes 50k roaming around that could have been sunk. Do this every month and that is a potential of 600k every year with only 5 people buying it. I mean 5 people can buy the same item a few times to sell the item for more and market it so they get a bigger profit. So this can give a potential of 1.2-2.4mil (alone with 5 people) a year that could be sunk to stop the over inflation.

I like the idea of this, sounds great for the members, but it doesn't help the Market Squad in any way possible. Just kind of screws them over.

~Not Supported
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin