Toribash
Original Post
Tweaked Replay Editing
A Welcome Change
What I think every player would like to see implemented is an easier and faster way to edit and analyze replays. I realize this is a tall order for a relatively small user community, but I think having the idea on the table and not being able to implement it is better than being able to and not having it. In the next few paragraphs I will attempt to explain the format that I would like to see.

The first idea is that when you press "E" to start editing, instead of pausing on the current frame, you will start the replay over at the beginning. This is just a tiny piece of my idea, but it's helpful to those people who would like to try something different at the beginning of the replay and just can't pause quickly enough to reach that frame. Then, Shift+E would give you the old editing style, so nobody loses out.
I feel like nobody can complain about this addition so I'm leaving it separate from the main modification, because I have a feeling I might get yelled at.

What I'd really like to see, though, is a little something more. When you press E, it shouldn't be just changing from viewing to moving. I'd like to see an entirely different mode of play that makes the editing process much easier. I'll explain more when I figure out more, and of course with the help of anyone who responds, but below is what I've come up with so far.

1: The Frame Slider. This would be a thin but wide horizontal bar near the bottom of the screen, taking the place of the useless statement, "Press Space When Ready With Move." It would function just like the bar in a YouTube or Quicktime video, allowing you to move forwards and backwards within the replay without changing anything. This would be much faster than pressing Shift+P two hundred times and much safer than playing and hoping to catch the exact frame you need. I'd like to see it either in orange to match held joints, or red to go with the Toribash theme and all the blood people will spill.

2: Mod label. All this would do is tell you what mod the replay is using so you don't try to do something in judo that only works in -20.00 gravity. Tuck it in a corner somewhere in black font, say the bottom right.

3: Undo/reset frame. No crap with keyframes or remembering what joints did what. All this does is reset the selected frame to the way it was when you saved the replay. That's so simple. You could make this a command or a button. I would prefer /reset frame but we can't forget to add it into the commands listed by /help.

4: Add/subtract frames. You know you want this. That one replay you really like but ended up being 300 frames too long is not a problem anymore. Just to the right of the slider would be two little buttons, one with a + and the other with a -. Click on one and say how many frames you want added or taken off the end and bam. No trouble at all.

5: New Replay vs. Overwrite. Perhaps you don't want to save the old replay that you're fixing up. No problem, just click Shift+F and it will overwrite the old one. It will have a little dialog box asking if you are sure and if you want to rename the replay. Just pressing F will allow you to save a new replay with the changes you made just like always.

6: Signatures. When you click on Replays and see a huge list of them, it's nice to know which ones are yours. Let us put something to the left of the replay name to help us organize. Perhaps green, red, and yellow dots to symbolize how close to finished the replay is, or stars to show our favorites. Just a little touch to help us navigate though all this stuff without having to delete it all. The idea is to leave the customizing up to the player.

7: Deletion. It would be cool to delete replays right from the list. Just add a button at the bottom with Load and Close that says Delete, and when you click on it a dialog box will come up asking if you're sure. You can turn that dialog box on and off in the options.

This is all I have for now, but I feel like it's enough to get started. If you agree or disagree with any of these ideas, please tell me so and why. I realize not everyone feels comfortable with making a change, but I really think some of these are very good ideas that won't hurt anybody. If you have an idea that I didn't mention, tell me and I'll try to add it up here so it can be seen and credit you with it.
Have a nice day!
this is a giant thread for 7 points that just make it easier to use edit but not to crazy nice idea
~support

|posted with my phone|