Toribash
Original Post
Beginner Clans :: Red and Blue

So we're power-amusing just for the heck of it now? Why was this OK'd?
These are beginner clans for black belts and lower..
Probably to make the entry in the wonderful world of Toribash and the forum a bit easier and stuff ╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
[TLL]
Red and Blue are free for all beginner clans managed by the HS.
Once everything is live this will be clans that are suggested to join for new players to the game so that they can immediately get involved in clans.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Uhuh. Assumedly, by the time it's gone live, the clans' DSCs will have been updated to explicitly state that purpose. That, and there'll be a sticky inside the Beginner Sanctuary explaining this and linking to the clan boards.

Assumedly, also, all the members of one clan would receive a small reward each month/quarter should they beat the other clan in terms of clan points (or whatever metric). Perhaps also (or instead), each member could receive some red/blue coloured items upon having joined one of these clans for month (or fortnight), so they can rep their clan colours ingame. Maybe, if you don't feel like giving away a vampire set, we could forge some exclusive beginner colours (Beginner Blue/Recruit Red).

This could be cool, if done right.
Last edited by Ele; Jan 11, 2018 at 01:30 PM.
Why official though, considering the amount of work that everyone else has to go through to achieve it; just for beginners to be offered a free choice of two.
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
Official so we could have multiple board on the same place. It's much easier so beginners aren't overwhelmed with trying to find all of our boards, don't you think?
Originally Posted by Karbn View Post
Official so we could have multiple board on the same place. It's much easier so beginners aren't overwhelmed with trying to find all of our boards, don't you think?

First off, make up your mind if you wanna be HS or not, i hear you leave hs then the next thing i know your hs again.

secondly, at least make some type of custom bracket system otherwise it's basically like saying 'hey, us noobs get to be in an official clan' and could in return possibly make some thing it's just that easy to get into most ones. at least in my view if i joined the game just recently per-say and immidiately had a chance to get into an official clan, it'd give me the idea it's that easy to get into them.

thirdly, it's a good idea, and official does indeed make the board easier to find, just think it's kinda a bad idea in some shape or form to make them just that easy to get into, yes, they are for 'noobs' as we call them, but then again here's my question as i haven't asked this yet, what happens if they stay in the clan until they are let's say blackbelt or 2nd dan, etc? are they kicked from the clan just because they have a higher belt? or is it like an actual clan where you can stay in the clan as long as you please, because if they are kicked then i see no point it being an actual clan rather than an organization or something. Because in my view, to say the least clans are supposed to be a group of interests, a group of friends maybe even, and kicking members just because they have earned their way to the top after all these years or however long it takes a player to earn their belts and eventually being kicked after earning all those belts would if it were me, make me feel like shit.
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
First off, make up your mind if you wanna be HS or not, i hear you leave hs then the next thing i know your hs again.

secondly, at least make some type of custom bracket system otherwise it's basically like saying 'hey, us noobs get to be in an official clan' and could in return possibly make some thing it's just that easy to get into most ones. at least in my view if i joined the game just recently per-say and immidiately had a chance to get into an official clan, it'd give me the idea it's that easy to get into them.

thirdly, it's a good idea, and official does indeed make the board easier to find, just think it's kinda a bad idea in some shape or form to make them just that easy to get into, yes, they are for 'noobs' as we call them, but then again here's my question as i haven't asked this yet, what happens if they stay in the clan until they are let's say blackbelt or 2nd dan, etc? are they kicked from the clan just because they have a higher belt? or is it like an actual clan where you can stay in the clan as long as you please, because if they are kicked then i see no point it being an actual clan rather than an organization or something. Because in my view, to say the least clans are supposed to be a group of interests, a group of friends maybe even, and kicking members just because they have earned their way to the top after all these years or however long it takes a player to earn their belts and eventually being kicked after earning all those belts would if it were me, make me feel like shit.

First off, no need to throw insults

Regarding your question about what happens when a "noob" is no longer a "noob": iirc they would be able to move up in the clan and possibly apply to the general rank in the clan which is a rank that is there for more experienced players to join and be able to interact and help out beginners.

(im)

Originally Posted by Elite View Post

As wizard first said much more politely than i'd like to put it, please don't throw around insults. Especially when you don't know the full story as to why i resigned in the first place.

we have the official board, but not the official brackets ingame. if you checked ingame you'd realize that. they don't get kicked after they reach a certain rank, they can stay as long in the clan as they like. however, they will be given a gentle push towards the door so they can go out and experience other clans and the rest of the forums.

if you could explain why you think it's a good idea to make it TOO easy to navigate a clan board that is made so it's easy to navigate, then please post it here. i'd love to hear your suggestions!
Originally Posted by Karbn View Post
As wizard first said much more politely than i'd like to put it, please don't throw around insults. Especially when you don't know the full story as to why i resigned in the first place.

we have the official board, but not the official brackets ingame. if you checked ingame you'd realize that. they don't get kicked after they reach a certain rank, they can stay as long in the clan as they like. however, they will be given a gentle push towards the door so they can go out and experience other clans and the rest of the forums.

if you could explain why you think it's a good idea to make it TOO easy to navigate a clan board that is made so it's easy to navigate, then please post it here. i'd love to hear your suggestions!

The brackets are official in-game
-----
Or they were 2 hours ago I haven't checked since
Last edited by Surge_old2; Jan 12, 2018 at 01:39 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump