ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Special beginner servers
Hi, this is for all the beginners out there!

Do you hate it when servers say 'Beginner' and there are profs on it just smashing and tearing you apart? Well, I have an idea to create special servers for beginners only allowing BEGINNERS (Beginner and white belt only) so you can play with people from your own level to make a fair battle.

Later!
-VinnyV35
well vinny not trying to crush your spirit or anything but whats stopping the profs? they can always create another account to play or anything. but the best advice i can give you is to look up the person beating you(their ip) and see if they have multiple accounts. if so you can report them. god luck
Umm...
There are servers like that.
But only problem is that there's players with alts.
Only fix is spectator, a player who is always watching how others are playing.
-----
Originally Posted by jclark View Post
well vinny not trying to crush your spirit or anything but whats stopping the profs? they can always create another account to play or anything. but the best advice i can give you is to look up the person beating you(their ip) and see if they have multiple accounts. if so you can report them. god luck

You can't check other player ip's. There was time where you could check ip's, but now, you can't.
Last edited by Uncle; Feb 6, 2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
It's really a problem for beginners, people use alts to farm tc&rank on beginners.
Maybe you could make a private server and kick them, but you won't get tc then.
maybe there should be a server command to put a max winstreak in place, so after a 5-streak (6 wins) if you win, you get sent to the back of the queue. this might help, or it would be pointless. i may give its own suggestion thread.
'David will do what David does. Love it or ask for a refund' ~Korban3, Overgrowth Secret Preorder Forum
You can always create your own room labled beginners , that way if some one is farming you can kick them or set the room rules so the winner/ loser are put at the bottom of the list .

I dont see why you have problems fighting players that are better then you , its good experience and if it is only official mods you play ( wich require no skill really), learn those silly openers everyone uses .

But I recomend learning how to run ( running.tbm) , sparring and parkour . Thats what the big boys play .
best is that all the official servers would get their own admin team and an admin can just kick alts by their fighting style of course this is needed for the beginnersand not the higher ranks beginners are allowed (if the belt allows it) to join since we can only learn by fighting stronger people
Originally Posted by 4kid View Post
Easiest way to master Toribash:
Learn to run,walk
Then learn to spar

I don't see whats wrong with pro people winning over beginners.
~unsupport

Hmmm, interesting. Could you please explain how learning to walk, run and spar allows you to master Toribash? And could you also explain some of your thought process behind your last statement about 'pros' beating beginners.
Originally Posted by 4kid
Learning to walk,run,spar has certainly improved my skills
'Pros' beating beginners improves beginners.They will learn to counter it maybe someday.

His reply to me via Pm.^

I don't think beginners would enjoy it. Toribash has a high enough learning curve as it is and the constant crushing of their moral due to constant loss would further worsen the beginner stages. You'd end up with no new people playing the game.