Ranking
I'm not a huge fan of rushing, because the match is over very quickly esp in mods like mushu or boxshu (my knowledge of these mods is very low) and there's no complexity in the match when this happens, and the chances of winning are equal with your chances of losing, meaning the importance of skill is very lacking. toribash has to be the only game where it can be a bad thing to go towards your opponent when on equal standings
Last edited by Krisp; Mar 2, 2015 at 06:51 PM.
The Game Is Broken - Foxy
Rushing openers aren't cheap openers,there's nothing cheap. An opener it's still an opener,no matter how it is,usually people tend to call cheap the moves they can't counter,as lifts,shovel,snapkicks etc.
Instead of judging people who rush you can try to find out a way to counter those moves. You can't just play like a human in Toribash,you have a certain mechanic and a certain gravity,use it!
Rushing doesnt look good but focusing on how does replay look is just for spar mod. Also rushers teach people how to block, decrease damage taken or counter. So there should be a few rushers around they train people.
Leon The Black
Don't care. Its blockable and I can also use it. The only problem is that players who ONLY rush and can't win if they don't take advantage from the rush don't improve as fast as a player who improvises openers on the spot and adapts to the situation.

For the competitive aspect of Toribash, lots of other games have strategies identical to Toribash rushing at esports level, so there is no issue there either.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
The only mod I play where this is a problem is lenshu, so I can't speak for other mods.
I don't really mind it, because most of my openers leave a hand free for blocking, but it usually disrupts the match. You never have time to dodge or block in a way that keeps them from completely controlling your momentum, and they usually fly back as well. That completely wastes two turns because then you have to spend time moving back to the other player, and everything just becomes a mess really quickly. Other than that, I have no problem with it.