Ranking
Original Post
System Restore Vista Error
Ok, so I want to restore my computer, because whenever I log off, there's a blue screen with a wall of text saying something about Physical Memory Dump at the bottom. I tried a system restore, but, because computers SUCK, it crashed when it tried to log me off. Huh.

Now I tried to do a system restore on my mum's account, and it comes up with the error message:

There was an unexpected error:

Class not registered (0x80040154)

Please close system restore and try again.
I have googled the error, and I got the idea to press F8 at the very startup, and select "Last good configuration" or something, but that didn't work.
I have also got the idea to reinstall vista, but if I'm going to do that, I need to wait for the 1TB External hard drive we've ordered to arrive.

My mum is going to take the computer to PC World, but if I can find a way to fix it before she does, I will be regarded as amazing, And will probably get a cake..Wait, no cake.

HALP

Please.
You could try from a command prompt.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279736
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
iamrubbish or as i know you as (thebin) your bios is infected.

try formating your hardrive and flashing your bios.
there are numrus mircosoft based flashers out there.

Try the following:
>
>
>
> · Go to Control Panel
>
> · Click on Administrative tools
>
> · Double click on Services
>
> · then locate Windows Defender and double click it
>
> · CLICK "START" (you will find the screen "shake" a little bit as soon as it's started)

If this is not enough:
>
> · select "startup type" as automatic
>
> · then click "log on" tab
>
> · click "Local System account" and check the only check box available.
>
> · click the "recovery" tab and make sure Windows Dedender tries at least two times to start
Last edited by Rachet; Dec 12, 2009 at 12:04 PM.