Toribash
Original Post
Getting a New Console
So today my PS3 broke down, problem is most likely the blu-ray drive is busted, because it isn't reading any disc at all, and I will repair that soon but I believe it is time for a new console. I'm getting a PS4 sometime after prices go lower after October 1st of 2015 (see this link for reference) and I was hoping to ask my fellow gaming buddies for recommendations on PS4 games.

No specific game at all, just throw anything that comes into your mind. Though I have been thinking of getting Until Dawn, ACU, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, Destiny. At least until the new games come out this fall my preferences will likely change. Thanks in advance, buds!
Last edited by Virtue; Sep 18, 2015 at 06:27 PM.
RIP ∑
master of the universe
since i personally ever use my ps3 to play racing games, i would recommend pre-ordering the new nfs. though, getting a g27 (or g29) for your pc and all the games for the pc is far more fun. or you could just take your controller and download a controller emulator, and play the games on your pc.
M I N I V A N
I have no idea about specific ps4 games, but i can definitely recommend Asscreed Unity. I played it on PC, albeit with a controller, and it was actually a pretty solid game with lots of stuff to do.
Also gtav if you haven't played that already. It really is a really pimped up version if you compare the ps3 to the ps4 version.
[AEON] - Never stop fear us!
Just wondering, why not get a gaming PC? They are more powerful than consoles, and they can be the exact same price.
I own the following: PS1/PS2/PS3 - XB/XB360/XB1 - N64/NGC/Wii/WiiU - PC

If you can afford the games and peripherals I'd go for the Wii U as its hours of fun that you can enjoy with friends on the couch

If you like story driven games go for the PS4

If you like FPS and things which aren't game-movies go for the XB1

But honestly dude, I'd get a PC. I recently built mine and I'm in love with it.

Fair enough I dropped quite a large sum on it cause I saved up but its really worth it so far.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by meow View Post

If you can afford the games and peripherals I'd go for the Wii U as its hours of fun that you can enjoy with friends on the couch

Fair enough I dropped quite a large sum on it cause I saved up but its really worth it so far.

Yeah completely agree with this.

If you really want a console, just look at exclusives and decide based on that.

Otherwise, get a PC.
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
Just wondering, why not get a gaming PC? They are more powerful than consoles, and they can be the exact same price.

Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
Yeah completely agree with this.

If you really want a console, just look at exclusives and decide based on that.

Otherwise, get a PC.

I'm not a fan of PC Gaming. Ever since, I was always a controller-type of gamer, playing during my free time. Probably because I'd like to separate my college stuff and others on a laptop and gaming in an entirely different platform other than a desktop. Sounds silly but I prefer it that way.

At some point I did consider other platforms but turns out I'm just loyal to the platform brand itself. I did consider all the games everyone else recommended, and I'll decide on what to purchase after this week. As it turns out Gaming PCs are twice as expensive here as it usually is wherever because of tax and corruption of inflation rates and other economical matters.
Last edited by Virtue; Sep 22, 2015 at 04:37 PM.
RIP ∑
master of the universe
I'd be ok with your answer if it made sense. You can play with a controller on PC. If you build it yourself which is actually really easy it will always be cheaper
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
I'd be ok with your answer if it made sense. You can play with a controller on PC. If you build it yourself which is actually really easy it will always be cheaper

Yeah, this. I understand brand loyalty though... so if you are getting a PS4, check out "Until Dawn".