Toribash
Original Post
Art Standards and $'s Worth
So I've been thinking about making this thread for a bit, but I wasn't sure if people would agree or disagree
but let's see if people can get a few opinions thrown up into the air.

From an artist's perspective, I feel like everyone selling art at the moment classifies their art as HQ,
despite their use of 3 colours on a palette and simplistic design approaches.

Despite this, art that is in fact deemed as "High Quality", gets lowballed for stupid prices, despite the extensive amount
of time that the artist would have put into the layout and detail of the work.

For ex: A HQ head that took 5 hours to make = 50k.
A LQ set that took an hour to make = 70k.

I feel like most of the money being splashed on art is only due to the
rarity of old school artists, which is fair to an extent.

Hit us up with some thoughts, and whether you agree or
disagree can be some good fuel to the fire.

NOTE: This thread was not aimed at anyone specific, just a generalized thought I want people's perspective on.
Last edited by Horizon; Jan 30, 2018 at 01:29 PM.
[ES] Artist

There's multiple reasons why art sells for insane amounts compared to what it used to sell for

Tc is worth a lot less than it used to be when all the great artists were in their prime and making art at around the same time

All the good artists quit making art

Any art created by these artists is held by inactive players so the art is basically gone

So any decent art released today will be overpaid for by a ton, and way more than it would have been in 2012 due to the lowering value of TC

And for someone like me who makes TC easily, I don't care about the amount I spend, as long as the art is something I won't regret buying.
Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
There's multiple reasons why art sells for insane amounts compared to what it used to sell for

Tc is worth a lot less than it used to be when all the great artists were in their prime and making art at around the same time

All the good artists quit making art

Any art created by these artists is held by inactive players so the art is basically gone

So any decent art released today will be overpaid for by a ton, and way more than it would have been in 2012 due to the lowering value of TC

And for someone like me who makes TC easily, I don't care about the amount I spend, as long as the art is something I won't regret buying.

Yeah, 100% agree.

Though when saying that TC is worth less than it used to be, people that ask for art requests offer low TC amounts for hours of work from an artist.

Like, if someone asked to make them a HQ set for 100k, that probably converts to like, $7? I’d be spending hours and hours making something for a low sum (not to sound money hungry). I swear the only responses to requests in the art thread are for people that are offering 200k+, and even so, half of them wait months for even a w.i.p.

I feel like decent artists would emerge or return if it was actually worth it to dedicate the time to it. Myself personally, I enjoy making art as I’m a Graphic Designer, but for others it could feel like a chore with no reward.
Last edited by Horizon; Jan 31, 2018 at 02:46 AM.
[ES] Artist

BUMPING this shit to try and get it rolling again, inspired by the people that think $15 or less is enough to pay someone to make a professional logo used for outside game purposes. People need to understand that quality art has to be accounted for by a good deal. No one is going to want to work for you if they’re not benefiting decently from their time, and that’s the reason why there are a minimal amount of artists around this game willing to work to this day.
[ES] Artist

Yup, quit because I have other, "better" things to do with the couple 3hours I can spend in a day.

If it would be paid a decent amount, it'll be worth investing time into. Like you said 7$ for a set that you worked a bunch of hours on isn't very rewarding.

Ofcourse its not only about the money and for the fun as well but...
It's also the matter of the artist and also the right timing to sell any kind of arts in the forum, I mean there are times when a wondering rich-ass quality-blinded person lurking around in art section and found one or two goodlooking art from his point of view and tend to autobuy everything or even giving a high-ass offer on some pieces.

It is basically not emphasizing on the art-side only, it is also the matter of marketing like how you presentate your arts in your thread and stuffs like that, that is necessary aswell.
A good looking set with a simplistic screenshot and stuffs could get maybe like a decent amount of toricredits, but a good looking set with a complicated and well-designed screenshot previews could get a lot more amount of money out from it.

I could say that I'm agree about your thought, since recently an oldschool friend just trying to sell his old arts and seems like the forum people didn't even recognize or even able to atleast understand the minimum quality of the art, and ya he's a bit bumped down now so it is basically true that the new era of art forum section is kind of.. a bit odd from my point of view.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.