ES Recruitment Drive
I thought I was pansexual until I realized my attraction to men is much more superficial, erotic, and short-lived than my attraction to women, which is more long lasting and more about appreciating their full being (haven't had any experience with anything else) . Life is such that you discover things about yourself by exploring and explaining, so embrace it as that. It's not really very important what I tell you.

Consider if it's important to you to define yourself by such a term. Usually a word has very little to do with how you are as a person, so don't let the term define you. If you use the word to explain to others how you are as a person it has a very different purpose. That distinction is important.
Good luck.
Last edited by Lazors; Jun 19, 2017 at 04:29 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Greetings, i have a piss coloured name and i probably also qualify as pansexual. My guess is that most people don't really care, because as it is with such things, they're only really relevant in bed. That said, i applaud your coming out, even if it's done anonymously, because this kind of thing needs to be less taboo. Sadly, there's still enough discrimination against LGBTQ+ (jeez that acronym is getting long) to warrant caution, especially if you're not in a safe environment. I long for the day where people can just be mildly surprised or prompted to sip from their Cup of Apathy by such revelations, because it really doesn't define you as a person any more than whether you like coffee, tea or both (which apparently also is a cause of strife between certain people). I mean hey, if you like it all, that just means a larger pool to pick from. :v

Also, seconding the notion of considering professional help for the abuse and suicidal thoughts. I'm sure you've already heard a lot about it, so i won't preach to the choir, but... Stay safe, okay?
Last edited by Shook; Jun 20, 2017 at 03:06 AM.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
I'm gonna make this answer short and say:
If anyone really cares where you put your dick, they either love you or they are fucking morons who are not worthy of talking to you.
evil Führer of Evil
Sorry for the inactivity on this thread! I will answer all questions soon and thank you for the amazing support! I'm starting to feel safer about it and I can't thank you guys enough for it.
Originally Posted by 2017Forum View Post
pansexual. (pan·sex·u·al
panˈsekSH(əw)əl/
adjective
1.not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity.

pansexual sounds like a fancy pants way of saying you're open minded to me... I get that maybe you want to confide in the internet, but I don't see what the discussion here is

also, on the topic of sexuality; I wouldn't go slapping labels on yourself willy nilly, lest you confine yourself to one label or another... just do what (or who) you want and be done with it I say, you don't need to explain yourself.
Originally Posted by RAAAGE View Post
pansexual sounds like a fancy pants way of saying you're open minded to me... I get that maybe you want to confide in the internet, but I don't see what the discussion here is

also, on the topic of sexuality; I wouldn't go slapping labels on yourself willy nilly, lest you confine yourself to one label or another... just do what (or who) you want and be done with it I say, you don't need to explain yourself.

Well, it's a rather ambiguous term. I understand it as a universal attraction to someone no matter of their gender. Bisexuals generally take the sex of a person into account when making judgements about them. It's more poetically explained as "falling in love with someone's soul".
But I'm not going to speak for the pansexuals here. Correct me if I'm wrong etc.

Also I think labels are good for some purposes. I would discourage someone from restricting themselves to act in a certain way based on their label, but labels can be a good way to find comfort in your sexuality. And for the more immediate, practical usage to easily communicate to potential partners if you're into their gender or not.
I'd say just go with what works, if you're looking for advice.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Well, it's a rather ambiguous term. I understand it as a universal attraction to someone no matter of their gender. Bisexuals generally take the sex of a person into account when making judgements about them. It's more poetically explained as "falling in love with someone's soul".
But I'm not going to speak for the pansexuals here. Correct me if I'm wrong etc.

I've just researched it a little and while your explanation was correct, I reckon that bit of poetry is a bit misleading. It's not just 'care about what's on the inside vs outside' (like the 'soul' thing implies), it's just that sex/gender plays no part in the romantic decision making process. I think it'd be possible to have a vain pansexual who only likes physically attractive 10/10s (whatever their sex/gender). More accurately poetic to say it's like being gender/sex-blind.

I also reckon labels are problematic (especially gender politics labels, so ambiguously defined). Labels indicate group membership. It's a lazily easy and inaccurate way to relate your position/attitude on an issue, unless you fully subscribe to what the label means (including subscribing to whatever set of beliefs the group has).

Not saying anyone here doesn't understand this already, but we can establish deeper understandings of each other if we just articulate our thoughts and feelings with our own words, rather than use a label.
Last edited by Ele; Jun 21, 2017 at 02:02 AM.
Originally Posted by RAAAGE View Post

I don't like labeling myself as anything other than human but it makes it easier to explain to less experience people reading this.
-----
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
I've just researched it a little and while your explanation was correct, I reckon that bit of poetry is a bit misleading. It's not just 'care about what's on the inside vs outside' (like the 'soul' thing implies), it's just that sex/gender plays no part in the romantic decision making process. I think it'd be possible to have a vain pansexual who only likes physically attractive 10/10s (whatever their sex/gender). More accurately poetic to say it's like being gender/sex-blind.

I also reckon labels are problematic (especially gender politics labels, so ambiguously defined). Labels indicate group membership. It's a lazily easy and inaccurate way to relate your position/attitude on an issue, unless you fully subscribe to what the label means (including subscribing to whatever set of beliefs the group has).

Not saying anyone here doesn't understand this already, but we can establish deeper understandings of each other if we just articulate our thoughts and feelings with our own words, rather than use a label.

I don't look at appearance mainly but the personality. I've dated cripples, amputees, etc. They can still be very beautiful but that's not the point. Since I'm an honest person I will say that looks matter in the smallest way possible to me, you can still be ugly to most and I could find you beautiful though.
Last edited by 2017Forum; Jun 21, 2017 at 02:40 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Gonna move this to off-topic as there doesn't seem to be any defined points being discussed; this is all rather just chatter about one broad topic.
Its sad to see how many toribash players have problems in real life.
I guess when you tried suicide, you made near death experiences which may gave you signs from god
Enjoint life