Toribash
Original Post
First texture ever.
I'm using sketchbook for this texture.

This is the first texture I have ever attempted to make, I'm going along the lines of a space warrior with a mohawk.

Really need some feedback on what I can improve here, anything said helps. Thank you.

Wip 1

Wip 2

Last edited by Thanatos; Aug 5, 2017 at 03:19 PM.
[fl0w][Alpha][Catalyst][Submerge][Calamity][Swosh][Scourge][Colors][Neko][Miner][Kunt][deprav][Possesed][TMO-Leader][Proud Council member of TeamLenshu]
ahhh sketchbook! I used to use that all the time!

tip: the pencil is by far your best tool, you should use it for most of your work

also

u need to stretch out the face I think a bit and make the geometric lines more perfect, also, I'd clean all the scratchiness up and pic tones for each piece of the head (even if things are the same color on the head, the light will hit them with dif tones, so I'd add those in (by blocking) and then shade and blend. good stuff though
Why the pencil? I thought the brush would be best especially for just sketching as the lines are clearer for robots
[fl0w][Alpha][Catalyst][Submerge][Calamity][Swosh][Scourge][Colors][Neko][Miner][Kunt][deprav][Possesed][TMO-Leader][Proud Council member of TeamLenshu]
your art fucking sucks Thanatos

Honestly though , Yes , definitely use the pencil its more precise and brush can get a bit messy.

I understand this is just a wip but I recommend that you clean up all those lines.

This is just personal preference but I don't like those circle wheel looking ear things , they seem odd and messy

The mask though , I'm a fan of the shape . Looking forward to seeing more wips
Rough sketches are okay, tho if you want to make it more easier for yourself, you need to clean those lines up. It'll help you to finish up the lines, and other details you need for the texture.

Did you colored the top part? I thought it was like the base of the texture. Actually you have to hold up first before coloring, clean the lines and finishes up your design before coloring. It'll make the texture looks smoother and good.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Added a new WIP.

And Raiken I was testing brushes out with sketchbook for hair and noticed that hair probably won't come out very well with the brush options I have so I'm currently looking into a solution and the only one would be to use a different program.

I fixed the sketch up and basically edited the whole thing with a pencil, moved some stuff around now that I can actually see the mapping of my textures.
Can I get some more input?
the reason I said use the pencil is because its the default/most useful tool in the computer verison

but I'm realizing ur probably using the phone version

so I did the penciling in for you

and tried to correct the mapping while still preserving the idea, hope it helps:

k

No im using the computer version, just not drawing in complete black... And im drawing rather lightly.