Toribash
Original Post
Item information - Owners List
Hi

Each item in toribash has an "Item Information" panel.

Example this item:

There says its Owned By 45 People.

What if there is an "click" option and that Owned by "45 People" can be clickable and than you can see a List with the Persons Names who owns this item. And not only "Owned By 45 People" without any other informations about the owners.

A similar code exist in Trade History. If you trade an item than you can see who is the current owner of that item you trade before/ or long time ago.

I hope is a good small suggestion/idea
The average human body contains enough human bones to make up an entire human skeleton... loll wut? xD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Probably alot of people that own one of these rare items, would like to keep it otherwise they would make a selling thread about it.

Not that you're saying anything about buying in your post, but I assume you would like to know so you can pm all of those guys asking if you can buy it.
I wouldn't like to have alot of pms of people asking whether they can buy my item if I want to keep it.

Or do you have another reason why you'd want this.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
it would also be useful if you want to dl and lp a person who has it so you can see it ingame before buying
Nah im not talking about any items, im talking about an option for that information panel.
Cuz last time i had a conversation with a friend, a new item was created the "Nailbat" so i wanted to buy it but i didnt know how it actualy looks like cuz there are no preview pictures of it
So i could found anyone were i can dl and lp him to see how it looks like ingame. Until the friend found someone and made some quick screens of it before i buy it so than i could see that the "Nailbat" is to big so that helped me to not buy an item that i dont like and spend $/tc for something that i dont like.
This happen to me last time when i bought "Hidden blade" and both "Armblades". After i bought them i could see how it actualy looks like ingame. So i think if theres the option that i said before than will be eazy to found someone that wears the item so you can dl lp and see it how it looks like before buying. Or maybe add an option in item information panel for that item like a few screenshots to preview. And yeah i know what are you talking about im also afected with alot offer pms.
The average human body contains enough human bones to make up an entire human skeleton... loll wut? xD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
Probably alot of people that own one of these rare items, would like to keep it otherwise they would make a selling thread about it.

Not that you're saying anything about buying in your post, but I assume you would like to know so you can pm all of those guys asking if you can buy it.
I wouldn't like to have alot of pms of people asking whether they can buy my item if I want to keep it.

Sometimes people who own certain items are willing to sell them, they just have them sitting in their inventory. I am still yet to find someone who owns candy locks so I can offer to buy them, this feature would really help. And as a marketeer, your point doesn't make much sense to me because even owners of rare items are willing to sell them if you give them a good price and really, a beaten halo and items alike aren't 'rare'. The only items I would see as rare are those owned by about 5 people which require a riduculous amount of qi that nobody has or will get for quite some years. So they are untradable anyways.

But lets assume people do message a user asking for a specific item. Toribash rarely has 500 or more people playing it on a weekly average, arguably lower than 300. Very few of that number are even interested in owning rare items, or any items at all and very few could affored them. As for items with lower rarity, they will most likely be on the markey anyways and making a thread would most likely find you a seller if you wish to buy it for less.

But yeah I support this, it would be a neat feature to include. And if people getting spammed messages does somehow become an issue, an option to opt out of the list can be in place.
blue
pink
Not entirely sure why this feature isn't available at the moment. I'll look into it.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Similar feature has been implemented long time ago for ToriShop Admins, and it may have not been released to the public because it required heavy processing powers. We'll look into it and see if that can be optimized and tailored to general use.
Last time someone asked about this the reason I heard was that it's to prevent people from getting unsolicited messages asking them if they'll sell their item - same as what Zwouter said.

That definitely makes sense to me. If a user hasn't posted an item for sale on the market or market board then they probably don't want to sell it. If this is implemented maybe make it an opt out system? Users who don't care will have their names published on the lists. Users who'd rather not take part can turn off the option.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Last time someone asked about this the reason I heard was that it's to prevent people from getting unsolicited messages asking them if they'll sell their item - same as what Zwouter said.

That definitely makes sense to me. If a user hasn't posted an item for sale on the market or market board then they probably don't want to sell it. If this is implemented maybe make it an opt out system? Users who don't care will have their names published on the lists. Users who'd rather not take part can turn off the option.

From experience. I sometimes go in-game, look at people deacts and wh them if they sell it.
7/10 cases they are inclined in selling. These are people that dont use the forum or market.

Also, shmevin. Made a list of all flames and owners. Its the same thing. Leands to unwanted pms to users...but its not like an assault. Maybe u get 1 or 2 pms in a month...maybe none in a year...
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
I know this is elevated now but I am with Insanity. The idea of a spam of unwanted pm's makes no sense. This is no different from asking a user in-game if they are selling items too. But I made my main point in my other post already which I thought got rid of the idea that people would receive many unwanted messages.
blue
pink