ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
greater auto-tourneys
there's a huge lack in ways to make tc via offical servers. The 1.5k tourney is ok but you would have to grind it all day. mostlikly still wouldn't be able to get most things or entry fees to events that have greater fees. also most players in the tourneys just get to bored to quick

my idea is maybe bring a 5k server with lenshu wushu and runkido for striking mods and a 10k tourney every 30mins with mods like jousting msds (more fun mods to have ppl keep going and having fun till next round.)
So you want a highly rewarding tourney with fun mods.. Yeah I don't think that's gonna happen. High payouts should be rewarded for highly skilled gameplay. And in general I don't think you will ever see tourney in a fun mod.
Competitive mods - competitive gameplay. Leave fun mods for public rooms
The striking tournaments for 5k were amazing it showed true skill and masters of the tori.( the "masters" of abd tourneys just use leg grab openers and lift never using creative openers or let new people even learn there tori. I witness this today for about 3 hours and saw 19 people instantly get off because of how uncountable it is) Also had a reasonable payout because not everyone can play for 3 or 4 hours.
That's the whole point of a tournament. Doing whatever it takes to win. It's not supposed to be a place for creativity and sure as hell isn't going to be beginner friendly.
Any "fun" mod in a high-payout tourney would become opposite of fun because people would find overpowered openers to farm the TC.
Read what I said about the openers, I see the same people sit and leg grab everyone in tourneys winning 95% of the time. The Tori's just fold in half and they just dq 3rd turn almost every time. I should of been more clear about the "new" people to I'm referring, are new black belts that are fighting alts that they will never win against. in lenshu you can rush kick but it can be countered or make a comeback, in runkido you just launch at each other or run and wushu isn't Insta dm like mushu. you have to really hit hard so rush kicks don't work that well. imagine some people being able to buy market stuff that's so horrible right? Maybe even fund events so events quad would actually have people that they can sponsor. even if they have to make it a black belt 5k tourney so people can't farm on alts as easy as they do now. It was there before and it needs to be there again.
Last edited by kouta; Dec 6, 2018 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Bad English
Tourneys are meant to be challenging, simply what other people do such as snap kicks, leg grabs, etc... are up to them. Whether you can counter them is up to You, that is what makes the auto-tourneys fun. The alt situation on the other hand is their decision, I'm pretty sure I cant help you with any of that stuff.
Last edited by Lake; Dec 7, 2018 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Added a few things
After looking around for a bit the biggest public servers recently has to be pub boxing maybe a 2k brown bet or 3k black belt tourney for it? just throwing out ideas so maybe i can get people to agree on. Maybe a 1.5k black belt boxshu?
Best tourney ever, in my opinion, was the 5k abd tourney (or was it 10k?) with a 10th dan black belt requirement. It was always extremely competitive and allowed the best and most experienced players to fight for a nice healthy prize.

I dont accept your argument against abd tourneys because as Lake said, players will do what they want to. I'm a big opponent against shoveling especially in tourneys but i've accepted a long time ago that players will always do it so i just learned to counter the best i can. (Which btw is never as easy as people say it is). You saying that people win with leg grabs 95% of the time is just a stupid and exaggerated excuse to not learning how to deal with leg grabs.

If any large paying tourney is introduced it should have the 10th dan requirement to reward the players who have stuck around. In addition i think abd is the most balanced and most popular mod for tourneys. BUT then again maybe I'm biased being the leader of Team Aikido.
Attached Files
power pick.rpl (33.0 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by footlox; Dec 9, 2018 at 03:43 AM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists