Ranking
The pose is sweet and the hits were pretty nice. But it feels like it's missing something.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Nice, clean hits and a sexy pose, but it wouldn't hurt to put at least one boom in.

The replay does not have a boom, a sexy pose, or nice clean hits. :P But I like it anyways. I guess the first two hits are cleansh, and had I spent more time I could have gotten the sexy pose...also there may be one boom hit, but its not spectacular in the slightest.
Attached Files
cold pills and cough syrup.rpl (173.1 KB, 18 views)
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Forbidden ancestors: Thyn replay doth excel in beauty and grace, thou hast mine words of support on the matter. Fear thee not, though, I have found testimony of sins, be they not those that thyn heavenly father doth punish by death. Whilst scouring thyn work of punishment for claps in the way of noob, I found nary, although one trifly sketch-like momentum dismemberment drew my gaze. Nevertheless, for it followed a notoriously troublesome parting of the opponent's upper and lower limbs, thou shall be excused for it. Nigh the beginning of the spectacle, thyn arm appears as though that of a sceptre, passing without effort through thyn shin. An increasingly minor lapse, thee hadst clenched thyn knee against thyn thigh for a lengthly period, which doth appear queer. Though lest us not neglect the feats of the creation! In addition to the aforementioned cutting of the hapless uke in half, thou hast also shattered a portion of his upper body like Bill yonder amidst the phaggots around the stake did the cathedral's window. Moreover, the rolling around thyn vertical axis nigh the conclusion resembled an aviatory feat coined by the ruck as "barrel roll". Hence, I hereby conclude that thou shall not be given a taste of purgatory foregoing thyn demise, nor shall thyn demise be brought forward until the lord doth thee judge in due time. As a warning, though, thou shall be made watch the desecration of old Bill the sinner right yonder.

One more for halloween: We don't get enough dropkicks these days, so I love your replay for that already. I wish people would use grab as beautifully as you do. Maybe then I wouldn't have to hate it's existence and feel awkward using it myself. The only negative thing I found here was the fact that the split looks like a nubclap. Seeing to the maker of this replay, I doubt it is, but still it troubles me. Nice pose, too, it's hard to set up a fall so that you come up in a respectable stance.

ohaio boy:
my least favourite so far. You hang on to the piece of uke too much, and even end up looking like you banged your ehad on the floor there. It's also disappointing to see such a beautiful knee in the beginning not score a dismemberment. I do like how all the different pieces of uke are thrown in different directions, however.

wutwut out of my butt: what a stupid name, seriously. Especially since the replay's decent too. There's a knee for me, thank you. It does look like an awkward shivvy kick on the first watch, though, since you extend the knee right afterwards. I'm just being a bitch here, it's all cool. I like how you contract your knees when you're high up in the air, leveraging yourself with the chunk of uke. Looks proto-realistic (realistic, assuming you could lift yourself like that in reality, and that's the game's "fault"). It does slow the replay down a bit, but not too much. I like the handstand push-up, too, and the handstand pose. Just curious, how long does it hold?

cold pills and cough syrup:
Now there's a name that I like... not sure why exactly, but I smiled a bit when I saw it. A bit like calling a whole detective novel "cold coffee and a sore ass" (down, pervs, down, it's a stakeout, not sloppy sex), only this one doesn't in any way feature having a cold... still, that's what it brought to my mind. Sadly the replay itself doesn't talkt to me. It's more than decent, but nothing especially catches the eye. My favourite thing about is is the two first dismemberments. You look like a cartoon charachter searching for something in a chest: you find something else and throw it away over your head XD. There's way too much ghosting in the replay, too, so definitely not my favorite of the bunch.
Last edited by Archlurps; Nov 7, 2009 at 02:54 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
Originally Posted by Archlurps View Post
Forbidden ancestors: Thyn replay doth excel in beauty and grace, thou hast mine words of support on the matter. Fear thee not, though, I have found testimony of sins, be they not those that thyn heavenly father doth punish by death. Whilst scouring thyn work of punishment for claps in the way of noob, I found nary, although one trifly sketch-like momentum dismemberment drew my gaze. Nevertheless, for it followed a notoriously troublesome parting of the opponent's upper and lower limbs, thou shall be excused for it. Nigh the beginning of the spectacle, thyn arm appears as though that of a sceptre, passing without effort through thyn shin. An increasingly minor lapse, thee hadst clenched thyn knee against thyn thigh for a lengthly period, which doth appear queer. Though lest us not neglect the feats of the creation! In addition to the aforementioned cutting of the hapless uke in half, thou hast also shattered a portion of his upper body like Bill yonder amidst the phaggots around the stake did the cathedral's window. Moreover, the rolling around thyn vertical axis nigh the conclusion resembled an aviatory feat coined by the ruck as "barrel roll". Hence, I hereby conclude that thou shall not be given a taste of purgatory foregoing thyn demise, nor shall thyn demise be brought forward until the lord doth thee judge in due time. As a warning, though, thou shall be made watch the desecration of old Bill the sinner right yonder.

Holy shit, that is the best comment I have ever seen Thank you for that, seriously. It almost seems like you used a translator.

I know what you mean about the last one, I normally dont do warp kicks anymore, but I was feeling lazy and, as the name suggests, sick :P

As for the handstand, it doesnt hold at all. If I tweeked it Im sure it would, but this is it left alone.

Normally with poses I try to just get them so it looks ok when the frames expire.
Attached Files
hoochymuych.rpl (219.4 KB, 18 views)
Originally Posted by deady View Post
Holy shit, that is the best comment I have ever seen Thank you for that, seriously. It almost seems like you used a translator.

I know what you mean about the last one, I normally dont do warp kicks anymore, but I was feeling lazy and, as the name suggests, sick :P

As for the handstand, it doesnt hold at all. If I tweeked it Im sure it would, but this is it left alone.

Normally with poses I try to just get them so it looks ok when the frames expire.

Haha, my pleasure . I'd love to know that sort of English (Shakespearean? Whatever it's called). But since I don't, I resorted to old-sounding versions of words, prolonged parts and as can be seen, used the older versions of "have" and "you". I did use a translator, but just a normal one, from my native Finnish to English, and picked out the queer and aged words (that I do know, but don't remember). Reading LotR in the original language did help .

Shows how little I know of handstands, since to my eyes it looked really stable. Still, your "hold till the frames end" approach is more thorough than the "hold for a few frames after last movement" I use with my balance-requiring poses.
Last edited by Archlurps; Nov 8, 2009 at 09:00 AM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Arch, I always forget English isnt your native language :P

here is a new replay.
Attached Files
A slow and gentle end.rpl (190.5 KB, 23 views)
A slow and gentle end: Holy switching of polarities! That, or you're being sarcastic with the name. This is fast as hell and all over the place in all the positive sense possible. I pretty much like all of it, except for the leg twitching when you're dribbling yourself along the ground with your hands feet pointing up. Also, the shin hitting uke first in the last kick makes it seem like your leg hit a sudden increase in air resistance, like a sonic boom. I think that looks cool and a bit more unique than the combinations of more ordinary-looking strikes, strung together with any manner of grace.

also, I'll take your confession of having a bad memory as a compliment. It helps having time and a chance to correct text, though.
I refuse to grab.
-
Kyllä, hyvin, on vielä paljon vaikuttavampi kuin voisin hallita. Olen käyttäen transloator nyt, mutta olen lähes varma, että tämä on täynnä virheitä. En vain tehdä mainita kaikki, koska olen kiehtoo kieltä yleensä. Lisäksi, kiitos kommentteja

Here is a new replay...been churning them out lately...Finally got a boom hit.
Attached Files
I'm just passing through your stomach: Not one of those shatterhits where uke seems to be imploded, stuff flying in every direction. It can be clearly seen how the directions of the resulting pieces relate to the strike and momentums of the parts before the strike. The followup is all good too, as well as the split you start with. I can't recall ever seeing an ankle dismemberment on uke in anything else but a book of records replay.
I refuse to grab.
-